Africa Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
    My long flight from Los Angeles to Dubai got a whole lot longer. We had a fuel pump failure and diverted to Vienna where we sat for a couple hours while Emirates got a new plane ready for us. Now am sitting in the Lounge waiting for a flight to Dar Es Salaam in a few hours. 2:30 in the morning here, I am too old for this.
    Bless your heart H. Myles!
    Here's hoping for no more hiccups.

Comment

Emirates has done a great job for us through all this misadventure, just as they have done in the past. A first class airline.

Comment

Maybe too late to comment but ,,, enjoy yourself happy, I can't imagine a better way to spend a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
          My long flight from Los Angeles to Dubai got a whole lot longer. We had a fuel pump failure and diverted to Vienna where we sat for a couple hours while Emirates got a new plane ready for us. Now am sitting in the Lounge waiting for a flight to Dar Es Salaam in a few hours. 2:30 in the morning here, I am too old for this.
          On the way to Africa we were laid over eleven hours in Heathrow. During the long flight across the pond I took a pill for restless leg syndrome which acts up in pressure changes. Left me a bit rummy when we got to the airport. I guess I slept through most of the layover.

Safe trip and stay in touch when you can. I'm sure they'll have wifi at your tent camp. Wish I was going with you. Can't wait to get back there.
          Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 09-11-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

For a long time, to Africa, oh, I wouldn’t dare to do that. I wish you good luck and that there are no bad moments.

I advise you to play it safe with weapons otherwise there may be problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina View Post
              For a long time, to Africa, oh, I wouldn’t dare to do that. I wish you good luck and that there are no bad moments.

I advise you to play it safe with weapons otherwise there may be problems.
              Don't worry about Happy. He's been handling weapons for at least seventy years and I think he told us once he's been to Africa hunting something like fifty times. If he was a different colour he'd probably be president of some country over there by now.

Comment

Honk, You really want to go back ??

Comment

Happy, Have a safe trip. Would you ever consider getting a place there ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    Honk, You really want to go back ??
                    After the first day I knew I would have to go back. Sadly, it looks like my hunting partner has probably put in his last trip. Nothing left for him to shoot over there.

Comment

Happy -
                      Just curious.
                      Have you ever seen any AR-15 rifles over there?

Comment

Honk, do you think Happy Myles is a screen name for Dave Petzel ?

Comment

I have often thought that myself. That or someone ultra popular trying to stay incognito in California.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                            Honk, do you think Happy Myles is a screen name for Dave Petzel ?
                            I don't think so. Buckshot met Happy at an SCI gig a couple of years ago. I think I recall someone else on here has also been in touch with him personally. Happy posted a bunch of safari photos of himself and his African game in the old Trophy Room before it disappeared. I'm pretty sure he is the real deal. Anyway, Happy is clearly a class-A gentleman. Petzel not so much. He's not a bad guy (most of the time) but just not the class act we see from Happy. Very few of us are.
                            Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 09-24-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

I don't think so. Buckshot met Happy at an SCI gig a couple of years ago. I think I recall someone else on here has also been in touch with him personally. Happy posted a bunch of safari photos with him and his African game in the old Trophy Room before it disappeared. I'm pretty sure he is the real deal. Anyway, Happy is clearly a class-A gentleman. Petzel not so much. He's not a bad guy (most of the time) but just not the class act we see from Happy. Very few of us are.
                              Seems it was one of WAM's buddy's.
                              beekeeper, jim in mo or one of those guys.

Comment

MMBA, miles and miles of bloody Africa. Still holding out for one or two more big bull buffalo. I may need to lower my standards as we are leaving for Uganda in three days. Have taken a few odds and ends with my 6.5 to see how it works. Will have to write about it later.

99, no semi automatic riles allowed hunting anywhere in Africa that I know of.

Best to all, this battery needs charging

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Snapshot
                                  by fitch270
                                  I’m taking enough for tips and hopefully meat processing, plus a bit extra just in case. I saw the type you bought OHH, but picked up a regular one...
                                  Today, 08:52 PM
                                • Snapshot
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                                  I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                                  Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                                • Reply to A very out of sync hunting season.
                                  by Outlaw
                                  This year has been going pretty well. Early duck season consisted of local woodies like usual and I’m starting to see birds moving in. The farmers had...
                                  Today, 08:50 PM
                                • A very out of sync hunting season.
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  This hunting season has been downright weird. Last two days I have been packing for the trip back to Montana to hunt pheasants since the geese apparently...
                                  10-19-2019, 12:59 AM
                                • Favorite Sausage Seasonings for Venison
                                  by Outlaw
                                  Gonna be grinding up some of the meat from my deer last Saturday and packaging it as breakfast sausage. Trying AC Legg Old Plantation Seasoning for the...
                                  Today, 08:44 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X