Africa Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
    My long flight from Los Angeles to Dubai got a whole lot longer. We had a fuel pump failure and diverted to Vienna where we sat for a couple hours while Emirates got a new plane ready for us. Now am sitting in the Lounge waiting for a flight to Dar Es Salaam in a few hours. 2:30 in the morning here, I am too old for this.
    Bless your heart H. Myles!
    Here's hoping for no more hiccups.

Comment

Emirates has done a great job for us through all this misadventure, just as they have done in the past. A first class airline.

Comment

Maybe too late to comment but ,,, enjoy yourself happy, I can't imagine a better way to spend a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
          My long flight from Los Angeles to Dubai got a whole lot longer. We had a fuel pump failure and diverted to Vienna where we sat for a couple hours while Emirates got a new plane ready for us. Now am sitting in the Lounge waiting for a flight to Dar Es Salaam in a few hours. 2:30 in the morning here, I am too old for this.
          On the way to Africa we were laid over eleven hours in Heathrow. During the long flight across the pond I took a pill for restless leg syndrome which acts up in pressure changes. Left me a bit rummy when we got to the airport. I guess I slept through most of the layover.

Safe trip and stay in touch when you can. I'm sure they'll have wifi at your tent camp. Wish I was going with you. Can't wait to get back there.
          Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 09-11-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

For a long time, to Africa, oh, I wouldn’t dare to do that. I wish you good luck and that there are no bad moments.

I advise you to play it safe with weapons otherwise there may be problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina View Post
              For a long time, to Africa, oh, I wouldn’t dare to do that. I wish you good luck and that there are no bad moments.

I advise you to play it safe with weapons otherwise there may be problems.
              Don't worry about Happy. He's been handling weapons for at least seventy years and I think he told us once he's been to Africa hunting something like fifty times. If he was a different colour he'd probably be president of some country over there by now.

Comment

Honk, You really want to go back ??

Comment

Happy, Have a safe trip. Would you ever consider getting a place there ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    Honk, You really want to go back ??
                    After the first day I knew I would have to go back. Sadly, it looks like my hunting partner has probably put in his last trip. Nothing left for him to shoot over there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                      by FirstBubba
                      My eldest started life as a jailer.
                      Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                      "I'm tired of getting beat...
                      Today, 06:00 PM
                    • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                      by FirstBubba
                      How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                      Today, 04:02 PM
                    • Reply to Racism ??
                      by jhjimbo
                      99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                      Today, 05:57 PM
                    • Racism ??
                      by jhjimbo
                      Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                      09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                    • Reply to Racism ??
                      by jhjimbo
                      Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                      Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X