Would you hunt a "nilgai"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ol lady wants a boar on the wall.
    Not gonna say it is what it isn't, but wanted a weekend of fun after hunting seasons close.
    Something to do.
    Checked some high fence places coworkers and others have gone.
    Hunting they say.

Sure as heck aint in my book.
    Even TV personalities have hunted there.

Freakin' joke.

I'll get my bacon from the store.
    More work/effort dealing with the liberals and fat arses there.

Comment

Apparently, somebody with more butt loads of money thought importing the nilgai was a good idea. At the time they were imported, I'm not sure the Gov't gave a red rat's rear.
      I do know that these things are free range in south Texas in the Rio Grande Valley. Most of that property is private and big ranches.
      But any more, there are a lot of exotics that were held on big, high fence ranches that have escaped and established viable, free range populations.
      Fallow deer and black buck antelope are relatively common.
      Aoudad have become established in huntable populations in Palo Duro Canyon and in the Glass Mountains around Alpine, Texas.

As for hunting methods, whatever property you happen to be on most probably dictates what method is used. Spot and stalk, stands, etc...

Regardless, species that once were only available to those wealthy enough to travel abroad are now available to hunters in the U.S..

Comment

I know a rancher in central Texas who spotted an free-ranging aoudad (Barbary sheep) grazing among his Angora goats about twenty years ago.

He shot it and had the head mounted on his wall.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
          by FirstBubba
          My eldest started life as a jailer.
          Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
          "I'm tired of getting beat...
          Today, 06:00 PM
        • Wanna be a NYC cop?
          by FirstBubba
          How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
          Today, 04:02 PM
        • Reply to Racism ??
          by jhjimbo
          99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
          Today, 05:57 PM
        • Racism ??
          by jhjimbo
          Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
          09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
        • Reply to Racism ??
          by jhjimbo
          Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
          Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X