Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would not want to be a black bear living in Grizzly country.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would not want to be a black bear living in Grizzly country.

The black bear sow is with her three yearling Cubs nice and comfy in their nice warm den.
    Mr hungry Grizzly starts tearing the roof off. Too bad they do not have an escape route like prairie dogs, ground hogs or chipmunks.
    An Amazing video of Mother Nature in Grizzly Country.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ziib-MZ5IXY
    Last edited by Gary Devine; 07-20-2019, 08:54 PM.

Mother Nature is sure cruel. What did he attack a cub or the mother.

Comment

The male wants to kill the cubs so the female is free to mate again

Comment

Heading to the range tomorrow to get sighted in for .22lr silhouette match. 40, 60, 75 and 100 yds. (might be meters, not sure.)

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          It was a grizzly and a black bear. Don’t think the grizzly had mating on his mind. Not unless he was confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post

It was a grizzly and a black bear. Don’t think the grizzly had mating on his mind. Not unless he was confused.
            I did not see the video.

Comment

He might have been a transgender bear, that would have some qualifying rational. After all, it sure as hell seems to screw up the situation with higher intelligence of the human race, or maybe the intelligence factor is only a myth in that case ! Please excuse my lack of understanding in this matter, or just contribute it to not giving a damn, but that could be saved for a entire thread of it’s own !!!

Comment

Mother Nature is sure cruel. What did he attack a cub or the mother.
                Solitario, The yearling cub bolted away from the den first. The Grizzly caught the cub and you can hear the cub screaming in the woods. If you watch the video the sow ran away next with the two other Cubs following.
                So much for the alleged rumor a black bear sow will give her life up by defending her cub.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

Solitario, The yearling cub bolted away from the den first. The Grizzly caught the cub and you can hear the cub screaming in the woods. If you watch the video the sow ran away next with the two other Cubs following.
                  So much for the alleged rumor a black bear sow will give her life up by defending her cub.
                  Gary I thought at first the mother stayed to fight but now watching it again I see the mother is bigger an runs away.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post

The species is better served by the cub dying and mother surviving -- she can always have more cubs. I heard on some nature program that even mother birds follow this instinct -- it seems like they're giving up their lives to protect the nest, but really they're hoping to either confuse the predator or move it away to where it can't find the nest again. Either drive it away, or lure it away. Makes sense: Hatchling birds (and definitely eggs!) would have even less chance of survival without mom than most mammal babies.

Comment

Good point Matt.
                      I wonder if the sow would take on a boar black bear or would she still run like hell.
                      I remember my brother speaking at a public NJ Division of Wildlife meeting on the black bear hunt. My brother said male bears kill Cubs.
                      The Animal rights activist attorney sitting next to the to the person speaking interrupted him and said "that a lie".

Here is a video of a black bear boar jumping up on a tree to kill a cub climbing upward.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KNtC...fauxfullscreen
                      Last edited by Gary Devine; 07-22-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Gary, that attorney is a genuine idiot ! I have heard on several wildlife programs that boars will kill cubs in order that the sow will then be receptive to mate. It has also been shown on video, the killing of cubs. On a few videos it has been also shown that the sow did make an attempt to defend the cubs, but the size factor was too much of a deterrent !

Comment

Rich, I saw a video with a black bear sow with yearling Cubs kill another sow's first year cub going up a tree.
                          I can not find the damn video but I will never forget that. The sow ran away toward her yearlings will the baby limp body Dead cub in her mouth.
                          Last edited by Gary Devine; 07-23-2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                            Gary, that attorney is a genuine idiot ! I have heard on several wildlife programs that boars will kill cubs in order that the sow will then be receptive to mate. It has also been shown on video, the killing of cubs. On a few videos it has been also shown that the sow did make an attempt to defend the cubsmy ip birthday wishes tneb, but the size factor was too much of a deterrent !

Last edited by amekassa4000; 08-15-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I agree with Bowhunter Rich and AK4000 most Sportsmen know that a boar bear will kill a cub. The animal rights activists do not understand logic or except true facts. They want it like the three bears living in the same house and goldilocks stealing their food.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
                                by PigHunter
                                Maybe they are trying to create the ultimate soldier...
                                Today, 09:01 AM
                              • Are You Ready For This ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by PigHunter
                                Jimbo, here's the 12 leading causes of death in the USA. Carrying that gun may make you feel better but you'll more likely increase your chances for living...
                                Today, 08:52 AM
                              • Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have been carrying more lately, much more aware of the surroundings, especially in large, crowded places. I do go to a few Flea Markets that usually...
                                08-14-2019, 05:41 AM
                              • Reply to Increasing Security
                                by jhjimbo
                                Why was he cremated before an autopsy ?? Very disturbing....
                                Today, 08:49 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X