Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you applying for any tags this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you applying for any tags this year?

Applied tonight for Montana and I'm getting stoked for this fall. Who else is making plans?

No sir. Good luck to you and the kid!
    We have several "draw" hunts close by. Unfortunately, they are all "walk in" areas, which kinda leaves this old cripple out! Therefore, I just don't apply.

Comment

Just applied for a moose permit in Maine today for my father and I. He moved to Maine last fall so he gets to apply as a resident with significant better chances than myself as a non-resident. Either way, we are each others sub-permittee's so if one of us gets it we both get to go hunting! I was drawn in 2010 but's he's never gotten a tag. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose1980 View Post
        Just applied for a moose permit in Maine today for my father and I. He moved to Maine last fall so he gets to apply as a resident with significant better chances than myself as a non-resident. Either way, we are each others sub-permittee's so if one of us gets it we both get to go hunting! I was drawn in 2010 but's he's never gotten a tag. Fingers crossed!
        What I wouldn't give to hunt with my pop again! Heavens but we had a blast!
        Best wishes to you and your pop!

Moose1980 - If you're new here:
        First!
        WELCOME!
        Second!
        Do you keep a hunting/fishing/outdoor journal?
        If not, I will encourage you to start!
        I didn't start until in my 50's. I missed recording over 30 years of outdoor experiences with friends and family.
        You don't have to write "War and Peace" each time, but a short narrative with details like date, time, temp and weather, who was with you, etc.
        Noting failures is just as important as big successes.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks guys. Good luck to all who are applying for tags. Bubba, I've been around for several years now. I just don't post that often, 9 years according to F&S. I do get quite the enjoyment out of reading everyone's posts though and have learned a few things over the years.

Comment

Thanks guys. Good luck to all who are applying for tags. Bubba, I've been around for several years now. I just don't post that often, 9 years according to F&S. I do get quite the enjoyment out of reading everyone's posts though and have learned a few things over the years.
              Moose!! You learned a few things from folks here ?
              That is hilarious 😀

Comment

My (soon-to-be) 12 year old son drew a cow elk tag in Wyoming, so I'll be going going along as guide/parent/schlepper, etc. I'm really excited and we'll probably pick up some antelope tags as well.

Comment

My work schedule is what really limits me, I don’t want to draw a tag and spend the money, only for my leave to get denied a week before the season. I’m applying for another WY mule deer point, and I’m going to try to start building sheep points so that I can maybe hunt them before I’m too old for the hike in. If it looks like I will be able to go hunt, I’ll apply for a leftover tag or go somewhere OTC.

Comment

Preference point only for CO elk and deer. Unit I usually hunt is OTC bull license. I’ll apply for various WA permit hunts outside of the General Season. Also applied for multi-season elk which allows any and all open seasons and weapons. I’ll just hunt regular rifle deer seasons punctuated by waterfowl hunting with the Labs.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                      My work schedule is what really limits me, I don’t want to draw a tag and spend the money, only for my leave to get denied a week before the season. I’m applying for another WY mule deer point, and I’m going to try to start building sheep points so that I can maybe hunt them before I’m too old for the hike in. If it looks like I will be able to go hunt, I’ll apply for a leftover tag or go somewhere OTC.
                      Outlaw, you should read some of Tyler Freel accounts of his sheep hunts. He is a contributing author for OL and can also be reached at Points North. He guides but also has some 4 or 5 sheep on solo hunts. You are right about a young mans hunt. https://www.facebook.com/OLPointsNorth/
                      Last edited by jhjimbo; 03-02-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
                        Preference point only for CO elk and deer. Unit I usually hunt is OTC bull license. I’ll apply for various WA permit hunts outside of the General Season. Also applied for multi-season elk which allows any and all open seasons and weapons. I’ll just hunt regular rifle deer seasons punctuated by waterfowl hunting with the Labs.
                        I rather hunt waterfowl anyways most of the time.
                        Last edited by JasonT; 03-02-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougfir View Post
                          My (soon-to-be) 12 year old son drew a cow elk tag in Wyoming, so I'll be going going along as guide/parent/schlepper, etc. I'm really excited and we'll probably pick up some antelope tags as well.
                          Very nice. Using the 7-08?

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                            Sounds like a good plan. Sheep were a dream as a kid, but I’m probably at the tipping point to bother with it now. Not to mention the cost associated.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
                              I followed your post on the ‘fire about the Colorado permit application changes, it was an interesting read. I blame you for leading me there btw, hadn’t heard of the site until you mentioned it sometime back. Can’t undo it now, lol.

You get another lab? It’s been awhile since you’ve mentioned waterfowl and I seem to recall you having just one.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Obstruction Question !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                Is anyone else being bothered with the ‘page 1of 1 (or such) and filter, being brought down into the comment section and not remaining in it’s upper...
                                Today, 10:41 AM
                              • Reply to Obstruction Question !
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                A rather perplexing issue isn’t SL ? After awhile you will start getting really heated up about it !! I kind of thought things were going along a...
                                Today, 06:43 PM
                              • Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                by buckhunter
                                Not sure I like the recent trend of sealed drags in fly reels. IMO nothing beats a quality cork drag. Quality cork is hard to find and sealed drags...
                                Yesterday, 10:16 PM
                              • Reply to Sealed Drags vs Cork
                                by Solitario Lupo
                                So many names for reels out you almost had me clueless on this but I understand that you like the cork washers for drags instead of a rubber washers....
                                Today, 06:20 PM
                              • Peripheral Vision
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                we all know that most wild life have amazing peripheral vision. But, how about we humans ? How do most of you equate your side vision when on stand or...
                                Today, 07:39 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X