Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best state to hunt monster muleys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best state to hunt monster muleys?

What is the best state to hunt monster muleys?

Good question, I would like to know this answer too. I use to know a spot in CO that produced 30" bucks, but with CWD the herd seems to have gotten smaller. There are some rural areas that I have seen several just under 30", but it's private land.

Comment

Yea, maybe colorado.

Comment

Northwest Kansas has got some phenomenal muleys. Especially when you get up north and get in Rawlins County. Big draws and big pastures. Alot of it is in the WIHA (Walk In Hunting Program) too.

Comment

Colorado is hard to argue agaist(being my home state) but Utah and Arizona have some great deer. I would love to hunt the arizona strip, some of the bucks that come out of there can barely hold their heads up. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the next typical mule deer world record comes out of the desert in Mexico. They have some great deer down there.

Comment

I would have to agree with pumakitchen, Arizona and New Mexico look like the best producing states for trophy mule deer not to mention Nevada is also starting to get some attention. Colorado still holds the record for overall entries for Boone and Crockett heads. Colorado has been in decline, due to liberal public licenses and has a risk of over-hunting (also impacting their bull elk trophy potential). Arizona and New Mexico have extremely low draw odds and there for less hunting pressure and excellent trophy potential, notably Kaibab and Coconino National Forests. These states also are great for trophy elk, and pronghorn rifle and archery hunting areas.

Comment

Arizona and in cimmaron N.M.

Comment

Most underrated: Southwestern North Dakota.

Nate

Comment

New Mexico and Arizona.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad