Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone here familiar with the books by Robert Raurk? I just read the Horn of the Hunter and loved it. I have a hard time fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here familiar with the books by Robert Raurk? I just read the Horn of the Hunter and loved it. I have a hard time fin

Is anyone here familiar with the books by Robert Raurk? I just read the Horn of the Hunter and loved it. I have a hard time finding them in my local books store so please let me know you're personal favorite and why.

Horn of the hunter is good but I think Use Enough Gun is a tad better. Google Safari Press or Amazon books they'll ship them right out.

Comment

You can get them at a bargain price on Ebay. Note that Horn and Use Enough gun both have some of the same material.

Comment

No but they sound interesting.

Comment

Agreed on Use Enough Gun.

Also check out Death in the Long Grass by Peter Hathaway Capstick.

Comment

Sir, I have The Old Man and the Boy right in front of me, which is all I have read by Ruark up to now, and which I recommend of ANY AND ALL hunters. Instantly recognizable as a classic, despite its relative obscurity. His books are in fact hard to get hold of. My dept. chair at the high school where I teach gave it to me because I am an outdoors writer in addition to being an English teacher. Semper Fi. riograndeoutdoors.com.

Comment

Get the Lost Classics for Safari Press. A great way to get to "know" Robert Ruark's gift for writing.

Comment

The Old Man and the Boy.

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad