Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Oregon, we cannot use bait or dogs to hunt bear. The rules specifically say scent only. I've heard corn works well as far as

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Anise oil like Del said!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Del in KS is right and +1 for you sir!

Leave a comment:

• twobear
    replied
    My first bear was heading strait for my buddies Honey burn. I decided not to burn that day, but could smell my buddies burn. He was far away from me and I could smell. it. I made a stove with sterno and a coffee can. and put honey and anise oil in a smaller veggie can.

Leave a comment:

• Big C
    replied
    A bunch of good ideas above. I think that anything sweet smelling should do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    One of my Alaskan buddies swore by burning honey in a can over a sterno stove. I just don't want to fool with fire when other things are just as good.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    I agree with Del. Anise oil is very strong stuff, works great. I have also heard of burning honey.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Go to the spice section in the grocery store and get a bottle of oil of anise. It is the flavoring in black licorice candy and bears love the stuff. When I lived in Ak the stores was always sold out in the spring and summer 'cause of bear hunters. You can put this stuff in a spray bottle and spray it around or use a scent wick. They also love the smell to cooking bacon. One of my AK buds got his brownie when it came to the smell of breakfast cooking.

Leave a comment:

• beagleboy
    replied
    If you can use food scents , try the syrup like scents like buck-lickers. On the contrary, buck-lickers may be considered bait so it would be best to check with your local game warden or the state DNR.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    if you cant use corn, then you cant use corn juice. the scent that there talking about is bear scent.

Leave a comment:

• In Oregon, we cannot use bait or dogs to hunt bear. The rules specifically say scent only. I've heard corn works well as far as

In Oregon, we cannot use bait or dogs to hunt bear. The rules specifically say scent only. I've heard corn works well as far as bait goes, but since we can't use bait, I was thinking about using the juice from canned corn. Any other suggestions on scents or other methods>

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad