Bear hunting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear hunting

One of the hunts I want to do is bear hunting. The thing is l'm will to hire an outfitter to learn something (especially if I can't find someone else). Also will it be possible to carry everything I need for bear baiting in a Canoe doesn't have to be on one trip

What area are you planning on hunting ?

We use a 19' Grumman aluminum canoe in the Adirondacks for deer hunting. Has a huge capacity for game animals.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

We use a 19' Grumman aluminum canoe in the Adirondacks for deer hunting. Has a huge capacity for game animals.
      I was thinking about an area across a lake near where I live (the lakes name Clearwater near Delta Junction). There’s still a lot stuff I need to get like an canoe rack for my CRV

Comment

A common method is to use foam to pad the canoe on the roof of a vehicle. If you already have a roof rack then just tie a couple of wood 2x2's across to support the canoe.

Here's a picture of how I rig my canoe for transport.
        Attached Files

Comment

Where is Delta Junction ?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
            A common method is to use foam to pad the canoe on the roof of a vehicle. If you already have a roof rack then just tie a couple of wood 2x2's across to support the canoe.

Here's a picture of how I rig my canoe for transport.
            Good tip thanks

Comment

98 miles south of Fairbanks, Alaska

Comment

Originally posted by Srbyam View Post
                98 miles south of Fairbanks, Alaska
                Contact Tyler Freel, a contributing writer at Outdoor life. You can reach him at Points North.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• New petition to sell Montana to Canada
                  99explorer
                  There is a movement afoot to sell the state of Montana to Canada for $1 trillion to pay off part of our national debt.
                  It would become South Alberta....
                  Yesterday, 12:27 AM
                • Reply to New petition to sell Montana to Canada
                  fitch270
                  Wouldn't South Alberta be its own province?

There's been a "movement" to separate upstate NY from the NYC area for years. Fat chance...
                  Today, 12:09 AM
                • Illegals buying guns
                  labrador12
                  If 8 million illegals are trying to buy guns a year, what is the size of the illegal population? Is 10% of the illegal population armed? 50%? Are there...
                  Yesterday, 10:56 AM
                • Reply to Illegals buying guns
                  Harmonious Fulmination
                  In peak seasons Ellis Island processed over 5000 dirt poor migrants a day. And with those inadequate traditional families they made America and Americans...
                  Today, 12:02 AM
                • Reply to Illegals buying guns
                  fitch270
                  The logistics of the situation is the issue. Better safe than sorry. Trying to figure out who is who and has relatives where takes time and resources....
                  Yesterday, 11:58 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X