Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get a a$$ hole step dad to like deer meat or at least to keep it

how to get a a$$ hole step dad to like deer meat or at least to keep it

tell him it will cut down your grocery cost. and if he doesn't like the taste there are different ways to prepare that he might like. my grandma hates deer meat, but if i cook it in a crock pot with some seasoning for about 6-7 hours she LOVES it.

Comment

go to the store a nd get regular hamburger and mix a 1/2 pound of cow burger a 1/2 pound deer burger and hell never know the differnce

Comment

Why doesn't he want you to keep the deer meat? Has he ever eaten it? Does he hunt? Give us a little more information.

Comment

Tell him to suck it up, become a man and start actually providing for his family and for a bout 200 dollars he could get 100 pounds of high quality meat for about 25 years every year, that is 25000 pounds of meat, and he would just have the cost of ammo and it would pay off in the short and long run.

Comment

You might not convince him to like it, it is his loss. No reason he should keep you from having it. Tell him venison is actually better for you than beef, it is leaner. Explain the effort of taking a deer compared to just walking down a grocery isle. Bring your mom into this. Just show them how important it is to you.

Comment

tell him to get over it, man up, and eat some real mans food. the best food on this planet.

Comment

Is there a lot more to this than stepdad won't eat venison. What has he done for you to call him an ahole? Is he really that bad? Why not try to establish a relationship with stepdad. First be respectfull. The man puts a roof over your head does he not? Is he an anti-hunter? Explain the merits of hunting and eating venison as noted above.

Comment

dakohat14,
                  Del said it all, maybe it's you .

Comment

cook it in a pot untill it falls apart then put sweet baby rays bbq sauce in it fix him one tell him its pork bbq then after he has ate it a few days latter tell him it was deer meet it worked on my brother and now he cant wait for me to go huntting

Comment

A +1 for Del in KS!

I have one daughter, 2 stepdaughters and two stepsons. Out of the three girls, I get more respect out of my Redheaded Italian Blooded Stepdaughter than the other two put together. Cut your Stepfather some slack and treat him as if he is your father. Of course now days, what respect do kids have for their parents yet alone their elders anyhow!

A while back, I had a kid come up to me at a local High School and say, “I’M 18 YEARS OLD AND I’M A MAN!” and he still lived at home so go figure! O’did I wanted to take this boy to the gym and give him the the long overdue spanking his parents should have given him.

One more thing dakohta14 if you ever get the chance to hang out with me, you better change your attitude!

Just go ahead and cal me a a$$ hole step dad and my Redheaded Italian blooded Stepdaughter will kick the crap out of you!

Comment

+ 1 for Del here.

Comment

try the old fationed "It's steak!" then tell him what it is.

Comment

Your right Del + 1 for you!

Comment

Del and clay are right, you need to establish a relationship with him even offer to take him hunting with you so he can see what it means to you if it was'nt for my stepdad I probly would have not got the chance to experiance hunting and the outdoors. By the way I'm 35 and if I called my stepdad an [email protected]#hole he would still beat the crap out of me.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad