Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make deeer cabasse or jerky, you cant hate that

Comment

I agree with RackAttack...mix the two and I bet he never knows.

Comment

does he throw it out? you seem to indicate that. Why would he do that?

Comment

I'm not gonna' jump to conclusions and assume it's your fault kid. There's alot of [email protected]@hole dads and step-dads out there. The fact that this guy has a kid interested in hunting and he's not willing to try venison, or let you keep it tells me the problem's probably w/him. Get your Mom in on this, explain to her how passionate you are about hunting, and enjoying the rewards of your harvest, then both of you talk to him. If he's still against it, then let him know a real man can kill his own dinner, and a real Dad supports his children's passions, especially when the passion is something as positive as hunting. Good luck, deer is a terrible thing to let go to waste.

Comment

I totally agreed on GiantWhitetails comments. Tell him to man up and stop being a little girl.

Comment

lol +1 for you clay
              i dont have any advice to dealing with your step dad because my dad is into hunting but calling him an ahole is just going to get him mad and then you'll never get to have meat in his house

Comment

I doubt if telling him to "man up" is going to have a positive effect. I suspect that there's a lot more going on in the relationship than just a problem with deer meat. There has been some good advice given and a good place to start to improve things is to be polite to him and ask the same for yourself. Try to establish some mutual respect and consideration. You don't even have to like him, but things should improve if you are civil. Try to find one or two things you can agree on and build from there. (One of the proudest moments of my life was when my stepdaughter insisted that I be the one to walk her down the aisle and give her away.)

Comment

Be nice to him and try, try again.

Comment

a belive me this has throw me across an illa at walmart hit and pushed my mom and called her names and is an ex-fellin

Comment

Dakohta14, my deepest concern for you and you mom. Are there any relatives nearby you can ask for help and support? How about a minister? You should seek out someone with some sort of ability to intervene on your behalf. I don't have a solution---just do the best you can.

Comment

loook up some of like the finest recipes or some sort of seasons that he likes and see how that goes or try it as hanburgers

Comment

IVE NEVER HEARD OF ANY ONE IN OUR CIRCLE TURNING DOWN HOMEMADE JERKY? IF HE DONT LIKE IT THE MORE FOR YOU.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Which Is It ?
                            by MattM37
                            I don't believe there is a definitive answer. I'm more nitpicky than most about language but I don't have a problem using the terms interchangeably....
                            Today, 03:01 PM
                          • Which Is It ?
                            by jhjimbo
                            TV talking heads refer to their air time as a 'show'. Are they 'shows' or 'programs' ?

My thinking is a 'show' is directed at a entertainment...
                            Today, 08:26 AM
                          • Reply to The Culture of Lying
                            by MattM37
                            I'd say it goes all the way back to the beginning. There are just a lot more ways to hear the lies nowadays.

Westward expansion, gold rushes,...
                            Today, 02:36 PM
                          • The Culture of Lying
                            by jhjimbo
                            The culture of lying is epidemic in Washington, D.C. and the rest of the Country. How did this get started? Was it Richard Nixon ? The crooked main...
                            Today, 08:16 AM
                          • Reply to Hhs
                            by MattM37
                            Not yet. It was decided to place it on the 2024 ballot, so it might or might not become law.

If it does, it'll be for homeless people...
                            Today, 02:12 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X