Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you take a pronghorn with a 30-06.i mean i read the artical that said .270 tops but all i got is a 16 gauge,.22,30-06.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you take a pronghorn with a 30-06.i mean i read the artical that said .270 tops but all i got is a 16 gauge,.22,30-06.

would you take a pronghorn with a 30-06.i mean i read the artical that said .270 tops but all i got is a 16 gauge,.22,30-06.

30-06 would take down a pronghorn no problem so yes i would

Comment

The 30-06 with the proper bullet will suffice for any game animal in the lower 48. I can't imagine a situation where you would be under gunned.

Comment

Use 125 grs. in your -06 if you can find them. if not, shoot 150's

Comment

The 06' will kill em' "slap dead", or as Mr. Cooper likes to say. "Bang,dead,flop".
          Good luck and good hunting.

Comment

30-06 is the ultimate round,far range of bullet grains to pick from,it will kill anything with bullet placement.

Comment

Trust me; the 30-06 will do just fine! If you reload I like the Hornady 130 grain and if you don't a 150 works fantastic. Remember it doesn't take allot to drop one; just "MOP" is all it takes. A 22-250 55 grain Soft Point really blows the boiler room to hell!

Any accurate 125 to 150 grain will do a fantastic job and you don't need a nuclear tipped bullet to do so just hit "MOP"!

Comment

rocky d bashaw

A +1 for you Sir!

Comment

You gotta do what you gotta do, especially if it means clobbering those little goats with an '06.

Comment

Just make sure you have proper shot placement and a smaller bullet so that you will minimize damage to the meat of the animal..

Comment

Maybe you're looking for an excuse to buy a .25-06 or .270? This is it.

Comment

30-06 will work fine.

Comment

HEY!

I dink steve182 has a point here!

Maybe he is looking for an excuse to buy a .25-06 or .270?

PICK THE 25-06, if not your 30-06 with a 150 grain or 130 will do fantastic!!!!

TRUST ME SON I DO KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT!

Comment

look for a lighter bullet weight, a 110- 130 gr. and you got a first class goat swatter

Comment

I agree, there is no disadvantage at all in a .30-'06. There are a number of cartridges that are well suited to pronghorns, but the .30-'06 is unquestionably one of the better choices.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad