Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of the week, for noisy tree stands. Anybody ever hunt a noisy stand or blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the week, for noisy tree stands. Anybody ever hunt a noisy stand or blind?

Deer have excellent hearing and how many slipped away that you never saw? Some tree stands make noise from the slightest movement.
    Metal tree stands, box blinds and wooden tree stands it doesn't matter. Graphite lubricant can quiet the joints on the tree stand.
    Foam Insulation tape weatherstripping wrap this around support struts and the tubular bars of the stand.
    Attached Files

Too much work Gary. I bring my boom box and a Night Ranger cassette. Stand noise is no match for "Sing Me Away."

You just have to shoot the buck before he loses the "hellizdat?" look and bolts.
    Attached Files

Comment

I think that if the stand makes the same noise when it is unoccupied, the deer would become accustomed to it.
      Just sayin.'

Comment

I use Pam cooking spray or Crisco cooking spray. Being organic I doubt the deer give it any thought. After a good rain, you have to redo it.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          I think that if the stand makes the same noise when it is unoccupied, the deer would become accustomed to it.
          Just sayin.'
          You get a two hundred pound Hunter on the stand, I don't believe that's the same sound with nobody on it.
          I hunted my bear stand last year and every time I stood up to stand or piss in my Gatorade bottle it made a metal sound.
          You can bet it will get the four treatments I mentioned above.

Comment

Big>G Good Tips, But deer hear woodland sounds all Day & Night, My stands are 4yr/o and outdoors 24/7/365, I carry a small spray tube of Slicks-50 as i climb and hear a squeak, I give a blast of slicks-50. In less then a 1/2 hr there was a doe standing under my stand and a while a Red Fox sat under my stand!!

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              Just sayin.'
              Big>G Tip!!!! When I was building my stands I used Rubber Washers(Water Forsett type) with all the Nuts & Bolts....NO Squeak!! just saying

Comment

+1 for the flex seal. I need to coat it on my ladder stand, but I used it on one of my lock ons and it's dead silent now, even if I drop something onto the platform it barely makes a sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                  Too much work Gary. I bring my boom box and a Night Ranger cassette. Stand noise is no match for "Sing Me Away."

You just have to shoot the buck before he loses the "hellizdat?" look and bolts.
                  "cassette"? What the heck is a cassette? Is that anything like a "CD"?
                  My '01 truck has a "cassette" player! Have you tried buying a cassette lately?
                  Its a good thing I don't like "canned" music! LOL!
                  P.S. - truck stops and pawn shops are about the only place you can still purchase cassettes!
                  Out of a pawn shop, they're cheap. That's a good thing because you spend your time digging tape out if your cassette player.
                  Truck stop tapes are new, but the tapes are "The Best of Johnny Cash!*"
                  (*as performed by Dude Caintsing & the Booty Diggers!)
                  Or Gene Tracy's "Truck Stop" tapes! EGADS!
                  Thanks! ...but no thanks! LOL!

Comment

Noisy tree stand?
                    Nope! I use box blinds and pop ups!
                    Don't climb trees no more!
                    ...but thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                      +1 for the flex seal. I need to coat it on my ladder stand, but I used it on one of my lock ons and it's dead silent now, even if I drop something onto the platform it barely makes a sound.
                      Thanks and a plus to you also.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to He The Man
                        by PigHunter
                        Richard, who did you think has been supplying AK's and other weapons to Syria and Iraq for over half a century??? This is nothing new.

Our...
                        Yesterday, 11:25 PM
                      • He The Man
                        by jhjimbo
                        How do you feel about President Trumps unilateral decision making ?

It has gotten to the point he can not trust anybody in the Agencies and...
                        10-08-2019, 08:05 AM
                      • Reply to Son of a Fitch
                        by Amflyer
                        Hey! Nice buck, SOAF! Good patience too....
                        Yesterday, 10:48 PM
                      • Reply to He The Man
                        by 99explorer
                        During World War II, the Defense Department was officially named the War Department.
                        Yesterday, 10:09 PM
                      • Reply to Deer hunting with the .357 Magnum
                        by 99explorer
                        Skeeter Skelton used to say that the .357 Magnum's performance at 100 yards was about the same as the .38 Special.
                        Yesterday, 10:06 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X