Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am taking you elk hunting. You do not have a rifle. I hand you a Howa 270 short mag. What is your reaction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd get my weatherby vanguard in .270 out of the case say ok now I'm ready lets go.

Comment

With the right bullet and glass, the gun will do the job.

Comment

All depend on if I have time in my life to go and I would like to use my own rifle

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          WOW! Sorry guys! Guess I'm a bit selfish. I don't mind taking you hunting and I'll loan you gear....EXCEPT a rifle!
          It's my OFS I guess! I don't loan guns.
          If someone were offering to loan me a rifle, I suppose I'd say, "Wow! Nice rifle! I really appreciate it, but no thank you!"
          "Let me see what I can come up with on my own. If I'm not successful, we'll talk again."
          Let me P.S. this.
          Even if H. Myles invited me on his Alaskan moose hunt, I'd have to decline!
          As much as I admire and respect Mr. Myles, I couldn't enjoy a hunt in which I had NO investment. If the trip were as a traveling companion where I stayed in camp or maybe help retrieve game, I would consider the invite to enjoy H. Myles company, the remote camp life and the general beauty of a wild place like Alaska.
          I don't intentionally damage my guns, and I'll make an effort to keep them in shape.
          However, the .22 bolt that came out of the safe last night for predator duty looks like was kicked down the driveway..
          It's a tool. Poor maintenance is inexcusable, but hard use is expected.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad