Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody ever build a huge hunting box blind? My bear hunting friend just build one. Check out these photos in my first post. I saw it yesterday and it's a beauty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody ever build a huge hunting box blind? My bear hunting friend just build one. Check out these photos in my first post. I saw it yesterday and it's a beauty.

Has anybody ever build a huge hunting box blind? My bear hunting friend just build one. Check out these photos in my first post. I saw it yesterday and it's a beauty.

The floor of the blind is 16 feet high.
    The four legs are 6 by 6 each.
    You can stand inside it because its 7 feet high.
    There are two soft comfortable chairs inside.
    The entire blind is covered in black tar paper with camouflage cloth around it.
    The roof has shingles on it.
    The floor has a rug.
    Three Plexiglass windows with hinge on each.
    He has a fiberglas ladder going up to it.
    The door has a pad lock on it.
    He said he can take a nap in it during a fall hot afternoon, while waiting for the evening deer hunt.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
      The floor has a rug.
      He said he can take a nap in it during a fall hot afternoon, while waiting for the evening deer hunt.
      If you look at photo number three he has a Tinks bottle and a heater can ready to go.

Comment

Looks pretty comfy Gary. It could still use drywall, furnace, A/C, toilet and a 70" flat screen TV. If he would install a corn feeder under the blind, he could just drop big rocks on their head and save ammo.

Comment

The floor has a rug.
          He made the blind high inside so he can stand up and shoot his compound bow without hitting the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
            Looks pretty comfy Gary. It could still use drywall, furnace, A/C, toilet and a 70" flat screen TV. If he would install a corn feeder under the blind, he could just drop big rocks on their head and save ammo.
            DakotaMan, LOL, I will relay your message to him. LOL

Comment

Quite a few years back, somebody compiled "Texas Deer Stands" photos.
              One was a Volkswagen ...up in a tree!
              Another was a set of photos showing a 20 or 30 foot travel trailer being set up on top of some uprights about 15 or 20 feet high.
              Completed, it was fully functional and had a deck in front.
              An electrician friend of mine built a box blind beside a pump jack. He had lights, heater and coffee maker.
              Box blinds are fun!
              Neato Big G!

Comment

I like how it is tucked away in the trees. I hate how many guys go buy one of those redneck box blinds and stick it up on the edge of a field out in the open.

Comment

The one property I hunt has blinds that are made out of feed bins that were cut in half, some are elevated on a platform and others are just on the ground.

Comment

I once had a smaller version of that, a one-seater that was 4'wide and 4'deep but only about 5' high.
                    I prefer swivel armchairs in box blinds.

Comment

Originally posted by OutdoorTeacher View Post
                      I like how it is tucked away in the trees. I hate how many guys go buy one of those redneck box blinds and stick it up on the edge of a field out in the open.
                      OT, great point I agree with you. Every box blind I see is on a field and they stand out like a sore thumb. The trees do break up a box blind.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                        Quite a few years back, somebody compiled "Texas Deer Stands" photos.
                        One was a Volkswagen ...up in a tree!
                        Another was a set of photos showing a 20 or 30 foot travel trailer being set up on top of some uprights about 15 or 20 feet high.
                        Completed, it was fully functional and had a deck in front.
                        An electrician friend of mine built a box blind beside a pump jack. He had lights, heater and coffee maker.
                        Box blinds are fun!
                        Neato Big G!
                        My cousin and I made a giant box blind on the ground for turkeys . The cedar lumber we got from a Carpenter who torn it off of a house. The corrugated roof we got from trash dump in the woods. Even the office chairs with wheels we found at the city curb on trash day. The chairs moved easy of the plywood floor. Four people could sit inside it comfortable. It was in a corner of a field and we shot a bunch of Tom turkeys from it.

Comment

The floor has a rug.
                          The only draw back when some slob hunters or kids shoot rounds in to it!

Have one almost like that with 30-40 .22Lr holes in it found shell casings on the ground, the fiberglass roof panels were a mess!! We think Kids Snuck on the Lease? Real Nice Box Blind

Comment

The floor has a rug.
                            Tree, It's a shame Florida hunters would waste bullets because their jealous of your blind.
                            A few New Jersey slob hunters would rather steal tree stands and trail cameras. They need a crane to steal this blind. LOL

Comment

The floor has a rug.
                              It's the price we Pay or Sit on a cold Stump/Rock!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Just Right
                                by labrador12
                                I'd prefer a short barreled 12 ga for oomph! They are hard to carry concealed. I went 9mm because the ammo is the cheapest. As a former NYer I wanted...
                                Today, 09:03 AM
                              • Just Right
                                by jhjimbo
                                Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                                06-28-2022, 04:59 PM
                              • Reply to Just Right
                                by FirstBubba
                                Your mention of the .380/9mm is what drew my attention.
                                I meant no offense to you or anyone else.
                                I just don't think the .380 or the 9mm aren't...
                                Today, 08:44 AM
                              • Reply to Just Right
                                by dewman
                                FB: your comment confuses me as to why you put it in the context of quoting me? How does what I said have any bearing on the point you were making?
                                Today, 08:23 AM
                              • Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
                                by FirstBubba
                                Safe travels, mi amigo!...
                                Today, 07:44 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X