Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long have you guys been hnting? Ive been hunting for about 2 years now, I know I should have started earlier. but im only 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i started hunting rabbits with my dad when i was eight so it has been 31 years for small game and 27 years big game

Comment

I started hunting rabbits with my Dad and Grandfather when I was 10. My dad bought a couple beagles and in a few years we had six that we hunted every year. I didn't start deer and turkey hunting until I was 24 and instantly fell in love with that. We sold off all our beagle when I was around 16. I became more interested in football, motorcycles, cars and girls. I would still go out squirrel and rabbit hunting but not nearly as much and we didn't have time to properly take care of the dogs. It was hard to see them go even though all but one went to friends and cousins. My Grandfather took the oldest male and kept him till he passed away. I'm 38 now so I've been hunting off and on for 28 years. I took my youngest son deer hunting when he was 8 and he like it a little but he quickly go tired of the whole process. My oldest son never had any desire to go so I never pushed either one of them. My daughter is 12 and could never hunt anything she thinks is cute now. I can get them to go fishing with me, especially my daughter. I've even taken her frog gigging. She didn't like the idea at first but still wanted to go. 15 minutes into the first trip she was having a blast holding the light and watching me gig while my Dad worked the trolling motor. I'm holding out hope that she'll ask to go hunting one day. She is really more like me that my boys. I got her a youth long bow last year and she enjoys shooting it and has been asking all kinds of questions about what I do when I shoot a deer with mine. I was fortunate enough to be with my youngest nephew last year when he shot his first deer, a doe. He's the only boy between me and my sister that has any desire to hunt at all and he loves it. My nephews are the same ages as my sons, 18 and 15. I was excited and disapointed at the same time because my brother-in-law was not there. He's a Fireman and was on his shift that day. Ok, so was that long winded enough for you guys?

Comment

If the Good Lord allows me another fall, it will be my 40th in the tall timber, and I usually learn something new with each season.

Comment

I started with my pellet gun at about 4 years old. At about 7 I started hunting with my dad's .22 and 20 gauge. Lots of squirrels, rabbits and pheasants. I've been hunting about 55 years since the serious hunting started and it is always fun. Welcome to the party.

Comment

5 or6 years im 13

Comment

I've been hunting for 51 years and it's still my most enjoyable pass time. Stick with this activity, you'll love it for you entire life.

Comment

Started hunting when I was 8, and I harvested my first deer when I was 13.

Comment

About 10 years now...I'm 29. It is my favorite sport. Have fun. Look at getting a deer as a bonus. Look at your time in the bush as a true gift. I've been skunked a few times and I've shot a couple nice bucks. Keep at it and you'll like it more every season.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad