Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long have you guys been hnting? Ive been hunting for about 2 years now, I know I should have started earlier. but im only 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long have you guys been hnting? Ive been hunting for about 2 years now, I know I should have started earlier. but im only 12

how long have you guys been hnting? Ive been hunting for about 2 years now, I know I should have started earlier. but im only 12.

well at least you were able to get into hunting. My dad has taken me hunting since i could barley walk. so im 14 and iv been around hunting and in the woods for 13years. hunting and fishing is truley in my blood. my parents are divorced and my dad is the one whom i dont live with. but every time i go to his house we hunt. its truley a bonding sport and has brought me and my dad as close as can be.

Comment

i have beeen sshootin my whole life and have been huntin scince it became legal when i was ten

Comment

Got my first gun 410 and 30-30 at age 7, about 50 years

Comment

should have started earlier? WHHAAAA! man you started at the perfect time. you coulda started at age 35 and it woulda been the perfect time. any time is hunting time. as long is you're gettin out there and havin fun, we're all proud that you're gettin out there. same with me clay. i got my first 410 when i was 9 and my grandfather handed me down his marlin 30-30 when i was 12. i've been fishing and shooting guns with my granpda since i was 7. he always used to hunt but stopped after a while because he didn't really have any body to go with. then i was watching a huntin show on turkey hunting and i told him i wanted to go, so we did. he shot a jake on the last day of the season. after that we started deer hunting, then came pheasant, soon to be elk and antelope. i'm not sure if he's gonna go along for the hiking and the tiresome stalking of elk and antelope getting a little off topic, but i've been hunting for about 8 years now and when i'm twenty years from now i will be hunting for 28 years. the outdoors are amazing.

Comment

I been hunting for about 20 years now, deer,bear, birds and all the great things that mother nature provides in the state of WI. It an awesome time together with family and friends and spend time in the great outdoors.

Comment

I started at the age of 11 and am now 14 so 3 years.

Comment

In, Wisconsin we can't even buy a license till we are 12, so with that in mind, I have been hunting 12 years.

Comment

Got my first gun and shot my first critter at 10 so been hunting 49 years and counting.

Comment

only two years but theyve been the best experiences of my life i also started with an old .410 handed down three generations i think so i should be the fourth hunter in our family to use it and it can still outshoot many of the modern guns

Comment

I started/took my first squirrel at 4yrs old I'll be 42 this year so 38 yrs and counting.

Comment

Forgot to mention a buddy of mine(like a brother) who was "bow hunting" at 6wks of age, and he just took his daughter on her first hunt(lopes') last year at the ripe ol' age of 7 1/2 mos.

Comment

Big O,
                          What a way to start them off!! I hate to bring it up but, a bear hunting buddy of my took his daughter that was 2 weeks old to a treed bear. In fact she was born on the opening day of WI bear season!! I'm pretty sure that she won't remember it. LOL The way I look at it start them young cause if they don't start young they will have little interest in the great outdoors...

Comment

Started squirrel hunting with my Dad when I was 5. That will soon be 42 years ago!

Comment

I've been around hunting since I can remember but where we live I couldn't hunt until I was twelve so i suppose that's been 3 seasons now.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad