Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a good quality inexpensive rangefinder any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a good quality inexpensive rangefinder any suggestions?

I am looking for a good quality inexpensive rangefinder any suggestions?

Bushnell makes a pretty good "cheap" one.

Comment

Good quality and inexpensive are mutually exclusive terms in rangefinders. The best 'cheap' ones I have seen are the Nikon 400's that were less than $200. I have a Nikon Monarch 800 that does very well. My son and buddy have the low-end cheap Bushnell's and they aren't worth hauling home from the store. The cheapo's will perform at about half the advertised range.

Comment

I got a 100 foot tape measure I'll sale'ya!

Comment

Check with bushnell. They have good deals.

Comment

Go to SWFA.com and check out the "samples list".
            Lots of good prices on rangefinders and other optics.

Comment

I like my Nikon, it was in the 200 buck range. Depends on what you mean by "inexpensive".

Comment

Bushnell makes the best cheap one, I have used it against more expensive ones ane you're withing -/+ 25 yards at extream ranges.

Comment

Save your money until you can afford a decent one. The Nikon 800 is about as inexpensive as you want to get.

Comment

What are you shooting?

25-06 you don't need one LOL!

Comment

Im shooting a diamond rapture

Comment

Im shooting a diamond rapture

Comment

Jeff: Buy a Nikon and you will be happy. Not as cheap as the Bushnell but much better. I use my Nikon especialy in the Rockis, providing I have the time to range the animal. When you buy the Rangefinder get a set of harness to hold it close to you boddy. I use all Nilon glass, in my opinion it can;tbe beat. Good hunting.

Comment

I've had nothing but good luck with the Nikon 440. It cost, if my memory is any good at all, $199.00. I recommend this product. Probably the newer models are even better.

Comment

It is all relative my brethren. Inexpensive equals (maybe) good quality, while (very) expensive equals excellent quality.
                              I have found that if I buy less expensive at first, I usually end up upgrading to more expensive equipment.
                              I have learned over the years just to wait a while longer, and continue to save until I can get the piece of equipment that has top shelf quality and give the best service and a lifetime of hunting.
                              I have found that I do not have to spend the kind of money it takes to buy German optics, when I can get ones that come extremely close, if not equal. Such as the top end Leupold, Nikon and a few others.
                              My advice is research carefully and then save your hard earned money and get something that you will satisfied with. Avoid buying something you will later want to get rid of for better quality.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad