Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earlier I told everybody on this website that two animal rights protesters bought a hunting license and a bear permit in New Jer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earlier I told everybody on this website that two animal rights protesters bought a hunting license and a bear permit in New Jer

Earlier I told everybody on this website that two animal rights protesters bought a hunting license and a bear permit in New Jersey. I now understand their motive and their reason way. Animal Rights Nut Susan was walking around the woods in an orange vest and walking up to hunters. She followed foot prints in the snow right up to a hunter’s tree stand or blind. Then she took photos and reported any game violation to the Conservation Officers. Hunters must be a hundred yards away from a bait pile. My first comment has the link to the newspaper story where a hunter was cited and reported by a Bear Lover Susan. One hunter said his son was harassed by Susan while bear hunting and his son didn‘t break any laws. What do you guys think of this? Bambi Lovers patrolling the woods while you’re hunting during prime time. Most hunters obey the game laws so wouldn‘t this be hunter harassment?

Hunter bagged by Animal Lover in the newspaper story below.

www.njherald.com/story/24210489/2013/12/13/bear-hunter-in-blind-cited-by-state

Comment

I guess in the case of the hunter cited for technical violations, Susan would be considered a volunteer auxiliary game warden:-)
      In the case of the hunter's son who claimed to have been harassed, it would depend on the facts of the woman's conduct.
      Under the N.J. hunter harassment law, no person may, for the purpose of hindering the lawful taking of wildlife, engage in any activity to disturb, alarm or affect the behavior of wildlife, or disrupt or annoy a person lawfully taking wildlife (Ch.7A, N.J. Statutes).
      There is a fine of $100 to $500 for each violation of this section.
      I think the hunter's should now carry cameras in self defense.

Comment

99explorer, good comment and I agree with you. Hunters need to carry cameras and catch the antis breaking the hunter harassment laws.

Most hunters don't want to get involved so they move to a different location or state park to hunt.

The state should repeal that stupid hundred yard law. If a heavy fog rolls in and you’re hunting on a mountain or in a swamp you’re lucky to see forty yards in front of you.

Comment

PETA IS BACK ON THE HUNT! They are now using Drones to monitor Hunting Activities!! So is it "Legal" to Shoot Down Drones over your Food Plot??? and If it were Legal Would YOU! Is this the CRAP we have to put up with.In this Hi-Teck Times???
          Just saying.

Comment

Treestand,
            The drones you are referring to fly way to high to be hit with a shotgun and probably never be hit with a rifle.
            They use two cameras, one looking ahead and another HD looking down recording video. The pilot could be some miles away and is watching through what is called FPV - first person view. He has glasses that show what is ahead of the drone or is looking at a monitor screen at his location. Also, the more sophisticated have a display of instruments - altitude, GPS, speed, compass, and battery life. Yes, most are electric and you will never hear them coming. They fly around 400' and can stay airborne for 15 to 30 minutes or more depending on battery size. YouTube video's show all types of drones and one (a Russian) has a full Auto rifle attached to one and fires on multiple targets on the ground. Very effective firepower.

Comment

See if this link works for machine gun drone.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

Comment

WoW way cool Vid, Our Military is Way fare Advance in this type of warfare, just to keep it real.
                Ps, their is a mid Western state,That has a $100.00 Drone kill Hunting Lic.

Comment

A tempting as it may be... do not shoot your rifle or slugs into the air at drones. These "animal lovers" need to get a life.

Comment

I have no problems with anyone being eyes and ears for law enforcement as long as they don't try to do the job themselves. I will readily report any fish and game violations I happen to observe in the field. Why shouldn't an animal lover do the same thing? Of course, the key here is passive observation as opposed to actually going and looking for violators (which is "doing the job").

Comment

If they are harassing hunters and preventing the legal taking of game I agree that we should video them. The video could then be taken to law enforcement and charges could be filed. Speaking for Tennessee some counties allow a citizen to present proof to a magistrate and a warrant can be issued. In my county the court policy is that no warrant can be issued without law enforcement investigating and requesting a warrant. However if you turn the info over and law enforcement finds probable cause they will request nor be issued. It would only take a few incidents of harassers being prosecuted to put a stop to it. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Jhjimbo, I watched your video link of that powerful armed drone blowing up automobile crash dummies.
                        If Peta gets a hold of one of those, hunters in tree stands and ground blinds will get blown away on site. LOL

Comment

Time to take up tracking instead of hunting from a blind. Moving target is harder to hit. :-)

Comment

if i lived where people where fallowing hunters into the woods I would buy a cheap .45/70 single shot and put a cheap muzzle break on it. I would wear my ear protection and walk straight up to them and at about 3 feet away shoot in a safe direction. having there ears ring for the rest of the day with possible hearing loss would be a good deterrent.

Comment

mike - I don't think you would need a .45-70 with a muzzle brake.
                              A .357 Magnum revolver would do the trick.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have heard certain powder kernel shapes are more abrasive than others on the rifling. Maybe that kind should be used to keep the carbon from forming....
                                Today, 02:24 PM
                              • Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                                Today, 12:54 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Pighunter: Someone on here some years back made a big deal about being Jewish and not caring for Christian morality shoved in his face. I couldn't remember...
                                Today, 02:22 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                I haven't tried the 6.5 Grendel PH. It is a pretty powerful close range cartridge for its size but it isn't fast enough with those heavier bullets to...
                                Today, 02:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X