Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In "The Herald" Newspaper yesterday a woman wrote a "Letter to the Editor" in reference to the New Jersey bear hunt. The writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary, Why don't you write a rebuttal or Sportsman's 'position' letter to the editor of The Herald referencing the above readers letter?

Comment

jhjimbo, why rebut this letter?
      I think it is a fantastic letter and well written.

My favorite part was when Joanne wrote, "Where was the part where the activists came up with a workable alternative to reduce the bear population here"?

The bear/bambi lovers have no suggestion on how to stop the bear over population explosion. Bear hunters will reduce the number of bears in New Jersey and it will not cost the government one cent.

Comment

I hope that the lady gets the people to change there mind.

Comment

Gary, I should not have used the word 'rebut'. What I mean is a letter to the editor referencing her letter, saying the hunters of New Jersey are ready, willing and able to,in a sportsman and ethical manner,help the State accomplish realistic game management goals with black bears and any other game animal deemed necessary. Pointing out to the State and all readers the potential value of the New Jersey hunters to all Citizens, hunters or not.

Comment

Gary- Jhjimbo is right. Now is the time to capitalize on the editors willingness to print bear control and hunting related issues. If someone were to write a civilized, non degrading, sensible approach to managing the bear populations it would seem to me that the editors may print it, and non hunters may actually be intrigued by it. Statistics from non offensive sources may help open eyes. College studies done in other states; other states F&G studies, or maybe just independent research conclusions done by well regarded biologists may get enough faith from the masses to help your cause. Just an uneducated opinion, but it seems to be worth a try. Sadly enough, you may be better to have full faith of the unbiased non hunters than full support of the hunters. There are alot of loud, obnoxious morons in our sport that don't need to be our poster child. Just my two sense.

Comment

Two cents**** sorry

Comment

Any large predator, be it bear, cat, or wolf, should be legal to kill the moment it becomes a danger to either humans or livestock. Should the bears be intelligent enough to eat or severely maim a few of the hysterical "bear activists" the lady writes about, they, the "bear activists", will almost certainly jump on a band wagon to have all bears either eradicated or incarcerated in a zoo.

Comment

I'm the author of that letter, and I want to thank you all for your support. The only way this issue will reach a positive resolution for all involved is through publicity and understanding. Field and Stream's readers show understanding in spades, and this little bit of publicity is helpful to the cause. Thanks again!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
                    by fitch270
                    Not a musical. Needs no introduction.

Today, 11:54 AM
                  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
                    by fitch270
                    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
                    Yesterday, 11:01 PM
                  • Reply to Real Quiet
                    by Pmacc60
                    Jim to answer your question , no ! Just new spins on old ideas . My opinion people resist original thinking because the would rather fail with something...
                    Today, 11:44 AM
                  • Real Quiet
                    by jhjimbo
                    Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
                    Today, 12:23 AM
                  • Reply to Real Quiet
                    by jhjimbo
                    You don't know that....
                    Today, 11:19 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X