Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for all.... Do you use premium ammo ( Nosler, Federal Premium,Hornady, other top tier ammo) or basic ammo ( Remington C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hand load as well. I use Sierra, Nosler, and Hornady bullets. The loads are tailored to what I am hunting. You should do the same with factory ammunition as well. A plain jane bullet may be fine for deer but wouldn't you want a better bullet for elk, moose, or bear? I would.

Comment

Until recently, I loaded all my ammunition on the bench, but I'm having difficulty finding components. A local resource received some Hornady factory ammo and I purchased that to avoid missing a varminting opportunity. Truthfully, the .22 Hornet and .223 loads were every bit as accurate as my own handloads, which surprised me, and the fire-formed brass awaits recycling for new loads when I can find the bullets and powder I prefer.

Comment

Barnes TSX or TTSX loaded in full-length sized new factory brass. All hand loads except the .30-06 Spfd.

Comment

if im not shooting hand loads, i use nosler custom trophy grade in my 06 165 gr nosler accu bond, for hand loads in 308 im using 168 gr bthp serria and in other rifles some hornady some nosler and barns TSX and TTSX

Comment

I pretty much only shoot hand loads using, Barnes Varmint Grenades, TSX and TTSX, Berger VLDs, Hornady Vmax and Amax, Nosler Partitions and Accubonds, Sierra Game Master and Pro Hunter.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad