Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two animal rights activists Susan Kehoe and Bill Crain took the New Jersey hunter “safety” class, bought hunting licenses and bl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike0714
    replied
    If they want to pay 40 years worth or app fees to get a az sheep hunt be my guess. They then also have to pay for the tag. In the end the only thing they will have done is waste a tag, their money, time, and the next year there will be an extra tag in that unit

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Sarge, northern beggars can't be choosy on shine when it is made in the mountains of the southern states.

You live in the shine capital of the world and can choose your shine.

I will take whatever I can get my hands on and be happy, with no questions asked. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Gary,
    BTW I'm not into the flavors much just the straight stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Gary,
    There are a lot of types that know that must act polite and nice while in the hills of West Virginia. We have deep hollows that people have been lost in and have never been seen again. A lot of old timers around here still don't take a fancy to outsiders.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Sarge BTW,
    I got two mason bottles of Georgia shine.
    Water mellon and apple pie flavors for the Holidays.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied

Sarge, Bambi Lovers must be polite and nice in West Virginia but in New Jersey they are nasty, mean, venomous, loud vulgar mouth law breakers.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    I have had anti-hunters in my Hunter Ed classes before. The most disturbing thing to me was they always made the highest scores on the final test. I always figured they were learning as much as they could about hunting so they could prepare to twist it around and use it against us. They were always well behaved, polite, never combative about issues and unless I had known in advance on information from the County Conservation Officer I would have never known they were anti-hunters.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Hope and change 99' hope and change.....

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Of course, it is possible that while taking the safety class and meeting the other attendees, some of the anti-hunters might defect and come over to our side.
    I can dream, can't I?

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    SCBuilder66, these New Jersey Animal Protesters can stand out on a snowy cold windy December day on picket line from sun up to sun down protesting the New Jersey’s 2003 Bear Hunt. A five hour safety class in a heated classroom with chairs is a piece of cake for them.

To hunt a black bear in New Jersey will cost a resident hunter $27.50 for a firearm license and $2.00 for a black bear permit. That a total fee of $29.50 to freeze up a permit and to save a NJ bear. THat is pocket money for a bear lover.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    I agree with the rest it may work for one to two years. On a first come first serve basis permit it will work much better if they are on their game. On a once or twice in a lifetime permit like the Maine Moose, it would be much less inefficient.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    We have a bear season that is in the first week of our buck season this year in WV for the first time. People had to apply for a permit. There were a lot of dog bear hunters in my area that were against this and applied for the permits. Some of them got drawn for the permits. I know some of them and they told me they didn't want the deer hunters killing the bear. This is sort of the same thing that you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• mselseth
    replied
    What these animal rights activist groups need to realize is, that hunting is conserving wildlife. All of this anti hunting stuff is getting old. Without hunters animals die of starvation, disease spreads, roadkill increases, etc. They really just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Do you gentlemen feel that these guy's will make any sort of a serious dent in the system. You can get some people to sign a petition. But zeal usually ends at the wallet. Let's face it does involve time and money. Not all of them will ascribe to this without some sort of pay for play. It may just be an impotent propaganda ploy.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I think Clay Cooper has it. This gimmick may work for a year or two, but eventually the wildlife population studies will show that more permits need to be issued.
    Then, if the anti-hunters don't maintain the higher permit volume, an overkill will likely result.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Elitist rule....
    by franchi20
    Anybody following the Russian Collusion story? The fake story runs from Shrillery all the way to Sleepy Joe's top security adviser.
    Today, 03:59 PM
  • Elitist rule....
    by FirstBubba
    ....is destroying America.

When Obama said in his campaign speech that he wanted to "...fundamentally change America as we know it!...",...
    Yesterday, 02:26 PM
  • Reply to COVID 19 “Super-spreader” !....
    by FirstBubba
    Speaking logically:

Same b.s. with the masks. Masks protect noone unless you're working in a dusty environment...
    Today, 03:43 PM
  • COVID 19 “Super-spreader” !....
    by bowhunter75richard
    The biden administration is now concerned that the UN General Assembly taking place in NYC, has the potential of being a super-spreader of the Covid virus...
    Yesterday, 07:29 AM
  • Reply to Elitist rule....
    by 99explorer
    I love the fact that I can only be answered with a snotty remark from the cheap seats.
    Today, 03:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X