Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two animal rights activists Susan Kehoe and Bill Crain took the New Jersey hunter “safety” class, bought hunting licenses and bl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two animal rights activists Susan Kehoe and Bill Crain took the New Jersey hunter “safety” class, bought hunting licenses and bl

Two animal rights activists Susan Kehoe and Bill Crain took the New Jersey hunter “safety” class, bought hunting licenses and black bear permits. They have no interest in hunting wildlife their goal is only to tie up a permit from being used by a hunter to kill a bear. The Animal Rights Organizations are loaded with money to waste on tags and permits. Will anti hunters across this country now apply for a limited moose permit in Maine or a precious sheep tag in Arizona? What your opinion on this new anti hunting attack against hunting by these nutty animal crackers?

The one good thing from all of this is the Fish and Wildlife Departments across the country will gain extra income to help wildlife or the endangered species program.

Comment

Tough to combat this type of attack. Maybe the States will see this ploy and issue more permits??

Comment

jhjimbo you're more right than you will ever realize, they will see this ploy and will issue more permits to meet the quota needed to balance the population of that species ....

The left isn't to smart! (snicker)

Comment

I am surprised that this kind of action has not been talked about before. When the quota's aren't met then the season will be extended and maybe present more hunting.

Comment

How will the Fish and Wildlife know who the Bambi Lovers and who the real hunters are that apply?

Kehoe and Crain have been arrested for their anti hunting beliefs and are all over the internet.

The antis could get there members “Mary House Wife” or “Joe Six Pack” to apply for a tag or permit.
            There is know way of knowing who will use the permit/tag or who will burn it?

Comment

The Fish and Wildlife department cannot discriminate who is issued a license or permit. This appears to be an excellent tactic, however within 1-2 years this will backfire on them. After the population studies are done, the department will issue more permits in order to curb the numbers of each wildlife species. All these nut jobs are going to end up doing is giving away more money to help our cause and end up getting more and more meat in our freezer. With that being said how many people are actually going to take the time to take the class and waste their money on license and permits? What kind of dent is it actually going to make. I am not from your state so I do not know how many permits are issued.

Comment

I think Clay Cooper has it. This gimmick may work for a year or two, but eventually the wildlife population studies will show that more permits need to be issued.
                Then, if the anti-hunters don't maintain the higher permit volume, an overkill will likely result.

Comment

Do you gentlemen feel that these guy's will make any sort of a serious dent in the system. You can get some people to sign a petition. But zeal usually ends at the wallet. Let's face it does involve time and money. Not all of them will ascribe to this without some sort of pay for play. It may just be an impotent propaganda ploy.

Comment

What these animal rights activist groups need to realize is, that hunting is conserving wildlife. All of this anti hunting stuff is getting old. Without hunters animals die of starvation, disease spreads, roadkill increases, etc. They really just don't get it.

Comment

We have a bear season that is in the first week of our buck season this year in WV for the first time. People had to apply for a permit. There were a lot of dog bear hunters in my area that were against this and applied for the permits. Some of them got drawn for the permits. I know some of them and they told me they didn't want the deer hunters killing the bear. This is sort of the same thing that you are talking about.

Comment

I agree with the rest it may work for one to two years. On a first come first serve basis permit it will work much better if they are on their game. On a once or twice in a lifetime permit like the Maine Moose, it would be much less inefficient.

Comment

SCBuilder66, these New Jersey Animal Protesters can stand out on a snowy cold windy December day on picket line from sun up to sun down protesting the New Jersey’s 2003 Bear Hunt. A five hour safety class in a heated classroom with chairs is a piece of cake for them.

To hunt a black bear in New Jersey will cost a resident hunter $27.50 for a firearm license and $2.00 for a black bear permit. That a total fee of $29.50 to freeze up a permit and to save a NJ bear. THat is pocket money for a bear lover.

Comment

Of course, it is possible that while taking the safety class and meeting the other attendees, some of the anti-hunters might defect and come over to our side.
                            I can dream, can't I?

Comment

Hope and change 99' hope and change.....

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad