Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After reading the Field Notes blog about the Bigfoot Hunter being shot by his friend, I got to wondering what would be the ideal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After reading the Field Notes blog about the Bigfoot Hunter being shot by his friend, I got to wondering what would be the ideal

After reading the Field Notes blog about the Bigfoot Hunter being shot by his friend, I got to wondering what would be the ideal Bigfoot rifle. Any suggestions?

45/70 ought to do it.

Comment

RPG quick easy and humane..... just one problem its not legal

Comment

same as a big bear gun! jhjimbo nailed it right on the head marlin 1984 in .45-70 gov.

Comment

85*

Comment

1895***** sorry fat fingered it

Comment

When I read the question an 1895g in 45/70 was the first thought to come into my mind, then I thought about it and figured 30/06 should also do a nice job of taking a bigfoot.

Comment

That is if bigfoot was real.

Comment

For your average Bigfoot hunter a .30-06 would do the job, a .300 Win. Mag., or my favorite bigfoot cartridge the .35 Whelen with a heavy bullet should do the job if you're hunting bigfoot in the plains of mountains. If you're hunting wooded bigfoot a Marlin 1895.

Comment

Depending on the state your in it may be a shotgun only hunt in that case a Savage bolt action slug gun would be the ticket. Rifle... I would have to concur with the .45/70.

Comment

I have a friend who tells me he encountered one while at sea, and it took two shots from a flare gun to bring it down.

Comment

I would rather make a double lung shot on Bigfoot with a razor sharp boardhead from my Hoyt compound bow.
                        The News Media would love it better then a rifle kill.

Comment

For anyone who believes in BigFoot, any unloaded rifle would be best.

Comment

Who wants to shoot a bigfoot, anyhow? Them things is a lot like people and really don't bother anybody. If you want to shoot some two-leggers, maybe we should open season on Congressmen. Nobody would be sad they were dead and you could use less expensive ammo. Hmmmm---it ain't against the law to shoot at criminals in the first place, is it? They'd qualify.

Comment

Barnaby Wylde,
                              I don't believe bigfoot is real we were just having fun. The name of the question is :After reading the Field Notes blog about the Bigfoot Hunter being shot by his friend, I got to wondering what would be the ideal Bigfoot rifle. Any suggestions?

The key words are "would be". Besides believing bigfoot is real isn't the worst thing to believe.

Counry Road I wouldn't shoot it either. I'd probaly take a picture, call some people to verify I'm not lying. But I was just answering ozarkghost's question anyway.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad