Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm heading for Montana tomorrow for my bucket list elk hunt. Taking a few days in South Dakota to pick up horses and a new sadd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on taking a dream hunt, and good luck!

Comment

Good Luck Dakota like the rest of the people on this forum we hope for a adventure story when you com back :-)

Comment

Dakota, that email address isn't working. Typo maybe?

Comment

Good hunting and safe travels, DakotaMan!
          It sounds like a great adventure and as many said above we are looking forward to hearing your tales of the hunt.

Comment

OH- I ran into the same issue. I would assume that his email is the number 300 as he seems to be quite fond of the caliber. Possibly there is an underscore or it should be sent to a different provider such as g mail and he was confused. Either way, it's possible someone else here could direct us. But my return confirmation said the email didn't exist. Good luck on your up coming bird hunts, the offer still stands on the visit.

Comment

I sent an e-mail to Dakota Man and so far it has not come back, but, I have not heard from him either. He may not know who sent the e-mail. I used the following:

[email protected]

Comment

good luck dakota should be a great ride out there right now i was in big timber working today and the mountains are gorgeous this time of year. Have a safe trip and shoot strait.

Comment

Fliphuntr14, I formerly taught high school and coached at Reed Point just down the road from Big Timber. Shot a whopping whitetail buck up Boulder Creek (before it was plugged up with development). I very much miss that country. Enjoy yourself while there.

Comment

Thanks again for all the well wishes. I'm in South Dakota for a few days taking care of horse activities and getting ready. I am elated, I found a box of Berger 210g bullets in Tennessee and magnum rifle primers in Omaha. So now I have bullets to conduct final practice with. I'll be tuning out to 1000 yards tomorrow without the muzzle brake.

P-H-W, I think my travel papers are in order but expect the worst.

email: Sorry all... I set up the new email account for this just before I left and flubbed. It works now: [email protected]

Yes I am partial to the .300 Dakota. That will be my primary rifle for long range, shooting Berger 210g bullets using a Vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50. Backing that up with the Howa 1500 SS 30-06, Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50 using Barnes 168g TTSX. I'll use this in the black timber too.

Comment

ontario i was through reed point on thursday awful windy there hard to argue with the view though beartooths to the southwest and crazy's to the west northwest. saw a ton of deer on my way to Absarokee couple days this week also. Rides like that make the days short and the legs long for a hike.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Real Quiet
                        by FirstBubba
                        I think I'm running with one recap flapping!
                        Ever run "recap" tires?
                        Guy back home ran a business recapping tires.
                        When new...
                        Today, 12:45 PM
                      • Real Quiet
                        by jhjimbo
                        Dosen't anybody have an original thought ?
                        Today, 12:23 AM
                      • Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
                        by fitch270
                        A cult classic and one of my favorites. Soundtrack by Queen.

From “Highlander” ; “Who Wants to Live Forever”

Great live...
                        Today, 12:01 PM
                      • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
                        by fitch270
                        So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
                        Yesterday, 11:01 PM
                      • Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
                        by fitch270
                        Not a musical. Needs no introduction.

Today, 11:54 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X