Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inspired by the question below, what do you think is the scariest sound in the woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sudden loud rattle close by.

Comment

The man who sneaks up under your stand and says, "I'm from the Internal Revenue Service and I'm here to help you."

Comment

Bobcat scream or someone shooting close by that doesn't know you are there.

Comment

My scream, when a leopard bit me completely through my left shoulder....

Comment

Scariest I ever heard was opening day of muzzleloader halloween morning, right at first light a very large group or coyotes howled all together at once, chilling to be sure, guy I was hunting with thought someone was playing a prank with some loudspeakers.

Scariest thing I have ever read though, Dakota's post!

Comment

Your story will always be tops in any discussion of hunting adventure. How did you over come it and how did you survive? Leopards are SO deadly that you must be one of the few on the planet that has lived to tell about it.

I spent the most fascinating day of my life listening to another safari hunter describe his adventures. His most riveting story was of his leopard attack... His attack however did not result in puncture wounds. Please tell us your story... please!

Comment

Gary, a most interesting movie... thanks for suggesting that! I have never heard of it. My wolves didn't act that way at all. My first impression of them when they got within three feet was that they are SO much larger than zoo wolves or those we have seen in cinema. Something like 3 or 4 times the size of those depicted in the movie.

I will never forget thinking when the first one got within two feet, "Oh my God! This one could carry me in his jaws and still run 25 miles per hour!" They also all crowded in a tight circle around us. None of them was ever further than 10 yards or so. There was always one or two that were within five feet. The snarl on the angry one in the movie looked pretty familiar though. I saw lots of those! I really never expected to survive as it took place. Believe it or not though, my biggest anxiety that night was after they had left while anticipating their return. Anticipation can allow our minds to take us far beyond the horrors of reality some times.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad