Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To whom it may concern, due to the honest efforts of mainly my wife, most of our things are un-packed and were settling in well.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To whom it may concern, due to the honest efforts of mainly my wife, most of our things are un-packed and were settling in well.

To whom it may concern, due to the honest efforts of mainly my wife, most of our things are un-packed and were settling in well. She was gracious enough to give me one of our 6 extra bedrooms for my hunting gear so for once, it's quite well organized. (on that note, my clothing is hanging in cedar closets, and I was wondering if there was an opinion on that from a scent aspect). As many of you have well figured, moving onto a working ranch came with it's work load which is keeping me busy. Two days before our move I was able to purchase the exact hand gun I'd inquired about a few months ago. It's a ruger new super Blackhawk 5.5" in stainless and I couldn't be more pleased. It's taken 7 rattlers in three and a half weeks and serves well as a carry peice both on horseback and in the pick-up. The elk have been hammering away most every night and even wake us up with our windows closed. The family were working for couldn't be better to us, love to hunt and fish and share thier land. Thank you men for the kind words and encouragement that accompanied our move, it made the transition all the easier. God bless you, your families and your hunts.

Cedar closets are known for their moth-repellant properties. Best of luck in your new location.

Comment

May I inquire to ask which county you are now residing in?

Comment

May you and yours have the best of Luck always.
        by the way what caliber handgun did you pick??

Comment

Phw, do you miss your old home the Pine tree state?

I'm shocked you have Rattle snakes up in Wyoming. Where those cowboy boots for protection in case you step on one by mistake.

Best of luck, stay safe and post photos in the Trophy Room of a nice bull elk or other type of wildlife you may stumble across.

Comment

Dallas- were in converse county, just outside of Douglas. Treestand- I picked up a .44 mag. And Gary- I came from a large family in a small town and miss them, but the other hands here are making an easy change. The only land change I miss is the ocean, the views here make the trees back home seem trivial. And boots are mandatory on the ranch. A cool fact, the Wyo wildlife biologists have told me we have more elk per acre at the ranch then anywhere in Wyoming. Which makes the move much more promising!!

Comment

I have used three cedar lined closets to hold my hunting clothes for forty years, no problems so far.

Comment

Happy, forty years is too long. Take those old clothes off the hangers and go hunting for a change, willya?

Comment

Best of luck in your new digs. Sounds like you have it made!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad