Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Mosin Nagant 7.62mm a good hunting rifle? There only $150 at Gander mtn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Mosin Nagant 7.62mm a good hunting rifle? There only $150 at Gander mtn.

Is the Mosin Nagant 7.62mm a good hunting rifle? There only $150 at Gander mtn.

I have one that if got for christmas it shoot pretty accuratly and has some knock down power Im at school and the kid sitting next to me says he think it would work well too.

Comment

I'd say the 7.62 is a good round for hunting, and I know a guy that uses that rifle to hunt with, but only short range(no scope).

Comment

I have used mine on deer just for the challenge. Very accurate with open sights out to about 100 yards, after that the sight covers up way to much of the target, causing one to shoot at the animal instead of the vitals....as far as the round, it is more than enough for most big game in the lower 48...

Comment

7.62x54 ? Is there a "civilian" equivalent to that? What's something close to it? About a .308, I think, since that's 7.62x51.

Comment

yes it has a substantial knock down power and is bought in .308 or 7.62x54 bullet size.

Comment

Absolutely. Although it is inexpensive, it shoots a very deadly round. It is a good one for most deer hunting conditions. It is not as fancy as a Weatherby but your deer won't know the difference.

Comment

Like riding a moped or dating a fat girl. Might be fun, but you wouldn't want your friends to see you!

Comment

it will take down everything from coyotes to grizzlies and for the price you cant beat a mosin nagant

Comment

Yes it is!

Comment

Yes it is!

Comment

Yes it is!

Comment

Yes it is!

Comment

Yes it is!

Comment

Yes it is!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to More Bad News....
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                WAM, I am very sorry to hear about Scout. I know words at times such as this are of little help, but know they are filled with much feeling of sorrow...
                                Today, 11:12 AM
                              • More Bad News....
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                My 13+ year old Black Lab is still plugging along. Not sure how much or if he will hunt this fall. The real bad news is that my 8-year old Lab, Scout,...
                                07-19-2020, 12:00 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by rock rat
                                Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All...
                                Today, 10:59 AM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to More Bad News....
                                by dewman
                                Had a big long post typed half dozen times but I just won't discuss losing my dogs. Doubt I ever will. I know what you're feeling, I am sorry for your...
                                Today, 10:55 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X