Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I believe that I will no longer hunt predator's I have come to the conclusion as of today killing coyote's is stupid. I will no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe that I will no longer hunt predator's I have come to the conclusion as of today killing coyote's is stupid. I will no

I believe that I will no longer hunt predator's I have come to the conclusion as of today killing coyote's is stupid. I will no longer hunt bob cat's or any predator animal. Why you may ask well they make good pet's for one. The real reason though is I was thinking they are kind of a fellow hunter after all they are hunting aren't they? I mean if one is rabid I will shoot it. I am no longer going to fur hunt this is stupid if you want to sink that much time and money into it I suggest taxidermy. You will make more money. I am not saying if you are hunting them for food not to do it are if extremely over populated. I just wish people would stop the coyote, wolf, cougar, jaguar,tiger massacre and especially stop shooting jaguarundi's it's a small endangered cat your a jerk if you shoot one in my opinion. I have killed coyote's and stuff but not any more I am taking a stand against it unless they are on my property and causing harm to my live stock I will no longer hunt predator's. We are killing them into extinction. No I am not in anyway a member of petta I am as blood thirsty as they come some of my hunting would prob scare the average hunter. I am a notorious throat slitter and neck snapper doe i slit its throat buck i snap it's neck. I just don't want for these animals to become extinct and I want them to be around for other's to enjoy when I am gone. When the population raises like hog's then I will start blasting them again culling is sometimes good for a species so they do not transmit viruses and other pathogen's to the other animal's and even there own species. That can even lead to extinction. I know some of you may be fur hunter's well I don't like it. I can make a full deer skin rug and sell it with the hair on for 400-1500 depending on how nice it is. And of course if the person who is buying is a city slicker are not. I am some what of a tax. If you want free do it your self info ask. My uncle taught me since i was 3 I have always helped him. He is pretty famous in Mississippi I don't mind giving out my formula's secret's I have about four along for just snakes. deer I have a method I do that takes a long time but the hair will stay on once done and you can even wash it and dry it no need to tan. Are a easy way to seal it is a green brush fire let that smoke hit the under side for a while. Ask and though shall get an answer free info for snake's deer and squirrel and other's. I give out my recipe's not traditional pass down's those are sacred passed down from family member to family member.

Good for you. More time to work on your grammar.

Comment

they make good pets??? and i think you need to look at some facts before you start spouting off a bunch of uneducated crap. coyote populations are booming all across the country to nuisance levels. wolves are decimating big game herds out west, and as far as i am aware bobcat populations are doing fairly well. tiger and jaguar massacres? i doubt few on this forum have seen a wild tiger or jaguar let alone killed one.

Comment

Like any game animal there is an economic benefit to hunting and trapping predators. You have to buy the equipment, gasoline, etc. And in return you make some money. Also as game species some control of the population is required. We all know what would happen if deer herds out grow the carrying capacity of their habitat. Sooner or later they are killed off by disease, weather, or something else. Whether we hunt predators or not, it is still a personal decision.

Comment

Thanks to Buckhunter, scratchgolf and DSMbirddog. I am at a loss to comment on the mass of misinformation, specious reasoning and wishful thinking in stateguard's post.

Comment

As a retired Conservation Officer and have dedicated my entire life to protecting and saving wildlife I find your education about wildlife very limited and misinformed and mainly false. First of all NO wild animal makes a good pet and NO wild animal should be made a pet , they were put in the wild and should be left in the wild. I have seen too many problems that wild animals have caused by being made pets. Reguardless of how domesticated you think you have made them they will always have that wild streak in them. Predators need to be controlled so therefore yes we need to hunt them because they have no other enemies to control their population.

Comment

Your post is riddled with misinformation and ignorant statements. I suggest you read the North American Wildlife Conservation Model plan.

If your getting $1500 for a tanned deer hide; I'll have you give them my name and number. I have some ocean front property in Missouri I'd like to sell them.

Comment

Wow! I am amazed at the lack of knowledge (both wildlife and grammar) and general understanding of reality that went into this rant. If you don't want to hunt coyotes don't do it. Nobody is twisting your arm.

You must live far from coyotes and probably don't even know anyone who has lost livestock to them nor anyone who understands what top level predators do if they are overpopulated. You have probably never had your property covered with cyanide bombs by federal game wardens in order to control them.

Good luck with your pet coyote too! You will find they are warm and cuddly until three months of age; from that point on, you will be torturing them by keeping them in captivity. When the first mating season occurs, you will find what they can really do to a well-meaning but ignorant human.

Comment

Buckhunter,you are a hoot.

Comment

Should you choose not to hunt one species or another (or not to hant at all), I respect your opinion and wouldn't care to argue the point to change your mind, but your reasoning, as you have developed it, is deeply flawed. I live in NW Oregon, so there are a few predators you mentioned that I am unlikely to encounter, but some of what you've written stretches credibility. I wish you luck in your hunting, and ask you to read some of what has been written or contributed to this forum in the past. Many who frequent this forum are more than sufficiently experienced to find issues with your statements or your logic.
                    When you post, feel free to offer your opinions, and feel obligated to tell the truth concerning your experience. I think we all appreciate that, and we're all here to exchange information or learn from each other.

Comment

Stateguard 320, You definitely have a right to your opinion. I do not want to step on those rights in any way. I also respect your not wanting to personally hunt or kill coyote because I do not personally chose to kill deer myself. I do just want to point out though, that in a normally balanced natural setting, nature has its own system of checks and balances. But when we add the presence of man and his amenities such as farms and cities, the natural balance of nature is often thrown off. For example, when a farmer, who is trying to make a living by supplying the rest of the world with food, plants a crop such as watermelons and coyotes destroy the crop, some kind of control has to be done. Or if that same farmer tries to raise cattle and the coyotes kill every new calf, then some type of control has to be done. And even worse, if the coyotes start running the streets of your local town and start killing and eating your pet dogs and cats while in your own back yards, some type of control must be done. I have personally seen all of this happen. The town of Fairhope Alabama had to hire a trapper just to reduce the coyotes in their town. These wild coyotes here in my area have no real predators to help control their numbers except man himself. They are very smart, have excellent hearing, excellent sense of smell, and are down right hard to catch. So even though you personally choose to not help with these needed controls, someone still must take on the duty. I personally chose only to shoot deer with a camera, but I do eat deer meat and am not above skinning and cleaning one. I trap yotes and feral hogs because it just has to be done. I try to dispatch as humanly as possible and have respect for the life which was taken. I even respect the life of a plant when I have to kill it for food just like the turnip greens I had for lunch. So go ahead and make a pet out of a coyote and give it a home if you want, but remember that a great number of dogs, which have already had the wild bred out of them, are put down every day just because they do not have a home.

Comment

I find some of your statements, in this post and in others of yours, that are incredibly asinine not to mention unbelievable. I am not convinced that you are who you say you are and done what you say you have done. You will find that you might fool us for a little bit but the more you open your mouth the less we are fooled. BTW if you want people to take you serious learn to write well.

Comment

I hunt coyotes because they have really taken a toll on the rabbit and pheasant population in my area. according to my dad and late grandpa, you didn't hardly ever see a coyote years ago, and there were a lot of pheasants and rabbits. the key is to control the coyotes so they don't go completely out of control.

Comment

state, if I may call you by your first name, I think your aversion to killing coyotes may stem from a fear of having to take a bite out of its beating heart as part of a killing ritual invented by your Uncle Rob.

Comment

Fine what part of me is fake point it out I am fixing to show you who is fake. And as far as my grammar yes it suck's I cant help it. I have issues with hand writing and typing!!! you want some gun pic's? do you want to see some of my taxedermy? what do you want what is fake about me? hold on smart head ill show u what real gun's look like and a house full of them. along with taxedermy I have to many to post all but I will show u some gun's. Why do some of you find it necessary to stalk me anyway's are you into guy's ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by 99explorer
                                CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                                Anybody
                                Today, 01:09 AM
                              • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                                Today, 12:57 AM
                              • The George Floyd case.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                                Minnesota...
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by crm3006
                                My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                                Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X