Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best caliber rifle for hog hunting near San Antonia texas, the hogs are mostly between 125-300 in that area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was down there in April/March- shots I had were close, 60 yards from the blinds, maybe 15 yards was a long shot while we "stalked". The 236 pound tusked sow I shot didn't move an inch when I shot her with the 270 with 130 grain SSTs at 60 yards, high shoulder shot, was going to brain box er but she wouldn't stop moving. The 100 pound boar I shot stalking didn't give me a chance in the thick brush, I pulled out the Model 1911 and gave him one through the brain box at 10 feet. Both hogs were very dead, but the sow had a much better taste than the boar.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad