Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wanted to say good luck and good hunting to everyone. I just checked some of my trail cams and have plenty of deer, elk,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanted to say good luck and good hunting to everyone. I just checked some of my trail cams and have plenty of deer, elk,

I just wanted to say good luck and good hunting to everyone. I just checked some of my trail cams and have plenty of deer, elk, turkey, and even a few pics of a nice cinnamon bear. Anyone who has a tag in arizona especially up on the rim is in for the best year I have seen in the last decade. I has rained here every day sometimes two or three time a day for the last 3 weeks. there is a ton of cover and forage right now. everything its looking green, healthy, and fat. Now to the question, what is this season shaping up to be in other parts of the country? mike

Hey Mike..That Sounds Great! Good and Safe Hunting.

Comment

Scouting the suburbs of Anne Arundel County MD lookin great!! Walked up on a doe in the woods 2 weeks ago, got a handful of does in two other spots, as well as a small 6 pt, and a MONSTER 12 pt. Love the Burbsss

Comment

Looking pretty good here in Maryland. We have also gotten the rain with lots of current deer activity. I have seen multiple velvet bucks with other does and even small bucks have had good body size. Can't wait for the season and good luck to the rest of you.
        -Jack

Comment

A wet summer here as well. And I have heard that there was plenty of rain back in central Montana where I hunt pheasants. The winter was very dry so was good to here. Wet spring should have provided good cover for the chicks. Hopefully it wasn't too wet for them after the hatch. Tons of geese here as usual. Season opens on them 1st of September but I usually wait a week or two before going out. Too nutty on the opener.

Comment

In New Jersey the black bear population looks really good. There are plenty of huge boars and sows walking around the forest. The Jersey bear hunters can bait for bears and this extra food source in the woods does help put extra weight on the bruins so they can beef up before the cold winter.

The whitetail deer got hammered with the EHD disease in some areas.

Comment

We have had plenty of rain here in north Georgia. I think we already have the biggest does in the southeast, but if we don't, we will by October. It should be a great year for acorns. It was a good year for acorns last year, so there was a pretty good number of fawns born.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad