Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im moving to colorado and want buy land that i can hunt elk,muledeer,etc...What part of colorado would be best for this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im moving to colorado and want buy land that i can hunt elk,muledeer,etc...What part of colorado would be best for this.

Im moving to colorado and want buy land that i can hunt elk,muledeer,etc...What part of colorado would be best for this.

I think you'll be pleased with southwestern Colorado, with Archuleta and La Plata counties. I had a small property in Pagosa Springs for 16 years, and it was a sportsman's paradise, but I suggest you explore from just west of Durango to Pagosa Springs to see if the communities appeal to you. The property values are favorable. Whether you hunt, fish, kayak, or enjoy scenic & wildlife photography, this is a remarkable piece of Ameriica. I remind you, the field elevation is lofty and the winter snows start early and remain for quite a while, but it is a very special part of the country.

Comment

no reason to buy with so much public land available.

Comment

I just moved from Colorado Springs. In your previous post you got some good advice on locations and also from Ed. As long you are West of I-25 you will find Elk, Mulies, Bighorns, etc. Plenty of public land also. I would also look into some archery. The season is ALOT longer and there are far fewer peoplew out there. If you get an over the counter rifle elk tag, expect to see nothing but blaze orange.

Comment

NW Colorado has the largest Elk herds in the US. The area also offers good mule deer and antelope but not in the numbers that the SW corner does. The area around Craig has a mix of private and public lands. Last fall there were multiple properties for sale in the area around Hamilton, just south of Craig on Hwy 13 that were reasonably priced.

Comment

Another vote for the northwestern part of Colorado.

Comment

All of the answers posted here are good ones. However, if your pockets are deep enough there is(at last report) a 2200 acre property in hunt unit 40 near grand junction that is surrounded by other private properties and wilderness that leaves you virtually secluded. This property is in an area that is managed by the wildlife dept as a trophy area. I doubt that you will find better hunting anywhere. This property is not cheap. Bring a very healthy checkbook. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad