Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think is the best state for OVERALL Trophy game by most species and trophy quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think is the best state for OVERALL Trophy game by most species and trophy quality?

What do you guys think is the best state for OVERALL Trophy game by most species and trophy quality?

I Vote for #1 Ohio, #2 Michigan

Comment

Alaska gets my vote.

Comment

I never been there but "The Last Frontier Alaska" is the top hunting trophy state by far.

Comment

Michigan and Alaska for sure!!!

Comment

Species?
            How about Texas?
            antelope
            aoudad
            whitetail
            nilgai
            fallow deer
            gemsbok
            black buck antelope
            puma
            desert muledeer
            feral hogs
            alligators
            ....and that's not counting small game and birds!

Comment

Oh yeah! Don't forget the desert bighorn!

Comment

Texas also has some free-roaming axis deer and Mouflon sheep in the Hill Country area.

Comment

I watched the 'Last Frontier: Alaska' TV show about the Kilcher family living in Alaska. Last night the boy and his wife went 150 miles on a friends boat to get some deer. First stop only saw bear tracks. Next place, they shot a doe and a small deer with it. 150 miles and that is all they got - what about stepping out the back door and getting a deer. They have to go 150 miles to get a deer?? I have relatives in the Adirondacks that get a deer right in the back of their property.
                  If that is the way it is in Alaska, I do not know if i would vote for it being the best place for overall trophy hunting.

Comment

I honestly don't know if Texas has the "most" game animals, but they darn sure have a wide variety!
                    Trophy quality:
                    The whitetails of "Muy Grande" country may not have the body or mass of mid-West and northern deer, but they sure ain't nothing to sneeze at!

Comment

I would have to definitely have to agree with texas and alaska. Hunting for whitetail, gators, bighorn, puma, mulie, and hog hunting are all great quality wise in TX. Pronghorn aren't great quality but are still fun to hunt. Also aoudad, nilgai, fallow deer, gemsbok, black buck antelope, axis deer and Mouflon sheep are all great exotics. AK has great sitka, moose, buffalo, caribou, roosevelt elk, black/brown/grizzly bear, muskox, stone/dall sheep, and mountain goat hunting. I would also AZ to the mix due to the great elk, coues, mulie, pronghorn, desert/rocky bighorn, puma, Rio/Gould's/Merriam's turkey, buffalo, Javelina, and black bear hunting. I would also add new mexico to the mix because it has all that AZ has minus some trophy quality but adding oryx and aoudad.

Comment

My vote is for Wyoming. I don't count all of the "exotics" in TX. In WY, you can hunt whitetail, mule deer, pronghorn, elk, moose, sheep, mountain goat, black bear, mountain lion, and wolf, (grizzly soon?) not to mention the abundance of small game, predators, fur animals, upland game birds, turkey, and waterfowl. WY consistently produces some excellent trophies in all the big game species.

Comment

Alaska

Comment

Alaska

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                              by franchi20
                              I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
                              Today, 07:40 PM
                            • Debate #2: new rules
                              by FirstBubba
                              New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                              The "Biden Campaign"!...
                              10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                            • Reply to What's after Trump?
                              by franchi20
                              Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                              Today, 07:34 PM
                            • What's after Trump?
                              by FirstBubba
                              No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                              There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                              Today, 01:46 PM
                            • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                              by fitch270
                              The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                              Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X