Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey there everyone. should i hunt black bears with my browning .270 a-bolt winchester. its the only gun i got to hunt with so if

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey there everyone. should i hunt black bears with my browning .270 a-bolt winchester. its the only gun i got to hunt with so if

hey there everyone. should i hunt black bears with my browning .270 a-bolt winchester. its the only gun i got to hunt with so if youguys say just buy a .300 that doesn't really help. thanks for the responses!

I have a cousin that went to Canada with a friend and both took bears with a .270, so I'd say with a "QUALITY" round and good shot placement you should be o.k.
    Good luck,Good hunting, and shoot straight out there, they got teeth and claws ya know.

Comment

Heck yea, 140 or 150 Partitions should be good or 150 sp's.

Comment

Why not?

Comment

rhats what we use

Comment

Yes. Feed Mr. Browning Federal 140 grain TBBC, and then pose with him over a bruin.

Comment

I would use a 140 or 150

I would use a 140 or 150 Partition, XXX, or A-max at about 3000 fps and feel confident

Comment

I think that would be the perfect caliber... load it up with some winchester ballistic tip or federal premium trophy tips and you'll be good to go.

Comment

Use the ammo noted above make a good shot thru the vitals and a 270 will kill the biggest black bear that ever walked.

Comment

A .270 is PLENTY of gun for a black bear. Use heavy premium bullets to penetrate.

Comment

270 with a 140 or 150 will do just fine!

Comment

.270 is more than enough for everything but the biggest baddest black bears. Even then, if your in a stand where they can't get you... go for it. More important than caliber or bullet weight is shot placement. You could drop a black bear with a .22 if you hit it right.

Comment

word to the wise, do not attempt the .22 trick...

Comment

The .270 will handle any black bear you should run across.

Comment

I agree with above statements. Make a good shot with a good bullet and he'll be DEAD.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad