Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A friend of mine is going elk hunting and was advised to bring a back up weapon for safety from bear and mountain lion. What ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, years ago I remember seeing some guy with his pants pulled up real high walking around out on the prairie trying to shoot blue grouse with a can of bear spray...you don't suppose...?

Comment

No prairie in the Flathead. You need a lesson in geography, Mr. Wannabee.

Comment

There is an important difference between stopping and killing. A .357 will kill a bear but not before it kills you. The object is to stop it from killing you. For this purpose I carry a .44 mag.

Comment

Of course if you are hunting with your neighbor a .22 is all you need. Just shoot him in the knee cap and while the bear is busy with him walk away briskly. You also get another parking space out of the deal.

Comment

JHO~~ You just can't beat a 10mm/Glock M30/M20 15+1 when Bow or Gun Hunting for Large or Dangers Game or when you are caught in a Wolf Pack Attack! Be "Prepared" for any thing when in the WILD.

Comment

the only time I have had any hint of anything after me was when I walked back out of a hunting area and found mountain lion tracks in my tracks. had no idea he was there, I was carrying a side arm but it would not have mattered if it was a 9mm or a 454 that thing could have been on me and I would have been screwed before I ever even had a chance to think about using any firearm

Comment

Happy Myles, been busy as all get out at work. After 4 years in Alaska (86-90)running the Base Range (largest and busiest in central AK), Director of High Power Competition for Tanana Valley Sportsmen’s Association in Fairbanks and shooting with the Air Force Team, I get to hear some really wild stories and really mess with the minds of Green Horns!!

id I ever tell'ya about the 2 Fellas going for trophy rams & sighted in at 400 yards. The two rams were down hill at 200ish yards. The rest of the story is obvious including should've sighted in at the gold standard of 200!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                  by jhjimbo
                  Looks like RRA is making a bid in the long range rifles - Shooting Mag, this month. Guess what caliber it is in ?...
                  Today, 10:26 PM
                • Hey Folks
                  by jhjimbo
                  Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                  Yesterday, 11:12 AM
                • Reply to Hey Folks
                  by FirstBubba
                  I have a hard time with flea markets and yard sales.
                  I'm too busy looking for steals and end up missing deals....
                  Today, 10:20 PM
                • 2020 Election - what is broken ?
                  by jhjimbo
                  As far as I know, the rigged part of the ballots was the Presidential ticket, down ballot I don't believe were tampered with....
                  Today, 10:17 PM
                • Reply to Hey Folks
                  by FirstBubba
                  Uhhmmm...... I mentioned 16 gauge! 😀!...
                  Today, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X