Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've decided to just use my iPhone to call predators with an app instead of spending tons of money on one of these popular calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've decided to just use my iPhone to call predators with an app instead of spending tons of money on one of these popular calls

I've decided to just use my iPhone to call predators with an app instead of spending tons of money on one of these popular calls (I'm gonna be 16 in two months, so I'm broke! My budget is like 100 bucks). I need a portable speaker to hook it up to to play calls. What are some good affordable speakers that I can use that aren't too expensive?

Go to the pawn shops. They usually have lots of pretty good used speakers so cheap that they're almost disposable.

Comment

Remember, you will need an amp and power supply too. Perhaps a used car stereo with CD player and an old 12 volt battery would work instead? (see the guys at junk yard).

Comment

Don't forget about mouth calls,I have a fox pro and it is worth every penny but we find we use mouth call more often than not.My son is 18 and loves to use his mouth calls,he feels a sense of accomplishment when he calls them in.If he can pick it up so can you,it a great sport welcome to it and good hunting!

Comment

Finally got to talk to my nephew about his setup. He uses the iHunt app and a Pyle cone speaker with a 16 foot wire connection to his iPhone. He called up two packs of coyotes his first outing. I may go that route myself for around $3 to $30 depending on what cone speaker I use. I am also looking at Bluetooth wireless speakers good for about 30 feet for around $30. See lots of these on Amazon.com. Its nice to have lots of volume but remember a cotton tail only has a little pair of lungs and they can hear that for about 2 miles. Most of these have an internal amplifier and run on batteries.

Comment

Try Radio shack, I'm sure they can hook you up with something.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad