Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is good bait for foxes? And can I use their urine like deer urine? What I mean is will it attract any in the area while I'm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is good bait for foxes? And can I use their urine like deer urine? What I mean is will it attract any in the area while I'm

What is good bait for foxes? And can I use their urine like deer urine? What I mean is will it attract any in the area while I'm hunting, like with deer where they can come in to check it out right when I put it out. I'm wondering if foxes will do the same before I go and spend money on it.

I always carried a few tins of sardines.
    Rotted mammals worked too, like cut up woodchuck.
    As far as fox pee, they're canines so they're always interested in "who" has passed by.
    I'd make a set, then sprinkle a little pee on a couple nearby saplings.

Comment

Andrew - Before you continue forward with any predator hunting/trapping endeavors, I highly encourage you to review your state fur bearer regulations.

Comment

I have not tried it, but I've been told that a live mouse would work well. They can be bought in pet shops.

Comment

Hi...

A good bait for fox? Almost any kind of meat...especially if it has become somewhat 'tainted'. It also can be commercially purchased.

Regarding urine...fox urine will attract fox...also coyote and dogs.

If you're expecting fox to be attracted to bait or urine where and while you're deer hinting, that's a maybe, at best.

Comment

deer or groundhog carcuses - but you will also have any other meat eating critter in the area coming in, especially coyotes if they are in your area

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad