Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok guys what they said on tv is right. once you kill a predator....youre hooked!! ive hunted hard for turkies every day since sa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok guys what they said on tv is right. once you kill a predator....youre hooked!! ive hunted hard for turkies every day since sa

ok guys what they said on tv is right. once you kill a predator....youre hooked!! ive hunted hard for turkies every day since saturday, never killed one. but on wensday i killed a red fox! after that my mind totally switched off turkeys and went to predators! ive predator hunted afew times, but with no luck. im defenatley going to do it more! any tips or anything?

My state has has a fox season that is open when the fur is prime (Nov - Jan). Check your state regs.

Comment

I have only killed foxes from the deer stand when the opportunity walked right under me. Killing a few with your bow is also exciting.

I have called with friends for bobcats, coyotes, and foxes with little luck.

some states require a furbearer stamp to kill them so like Jay said, check your local regs

Comment

I thoroughly enjoy predator hunting. It is one of my favorite sports. They are smart, elusive and they have beautiful furs. It is also nice to help keep their numbers under control before state or federal game agencies have to poison them. I recently downloaded the iHunt app from iHunt.com. If you put that on your smart phone with a wireless remote speaker, you will be ready to go. I typically use a .223 for foxes and medium range coyotes and a 25-06 for long range coyotes and have been happy with those choices. Good luck!

Comment

I agree with DakotaMan predator hunting has become one of my passions.The seasons are long and the action is fast,day and night hunting is also a plus!

Comment

Agreed with Jay...in most states foxes are not fair game all year. Better check your state regs before you pursue forward with any predator endeavors.

Comment

Try not to get eaten.

Comment

You'll be sitting there watching your decoy and calling and a cougar will stalk up behind you, grab by the skull, shake you like a rag doll until dead and then - feast-a-mundo on your bloody remains!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad