Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good electric call that isn't super expensive? I'd really love one of those fox pros they use on tv but I don't have 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good electric call that isn't super expensive? I'd really love one of those fox pros they use on tv but I don't have 5

What is a good electric call that isn't super expensive? I'd really love one of those fox pros they use on tv but I don't have 500-600 bucks. I want one that's no more than like 180 or somewhere in that neiborhood. I just need somthing that gets the job done

You can Surf the net for cheaper Elec.Calls, But you get what you Pay-for!

Comment

flextone mimic and the johnny stewart attractor are very good budget priced calls.

Comment

Go to Varmintal.com and build one according to the directions on his webpage. Mine cost about $75.00 and works just fine.

Comment

primos turbo dawg. Its less than $200, has lots of sounds. Worth the money

Comment

If you have a smartphone, you can connect it to a wireless cone speaker. I'm still getting details on this but my nephew recently did this and he is having great success with it. I hear that my hunting buddies are all taking note. You can download dozens of calls for free.

Comment

Great idea DakotaMan!

Comment

I found a suggestion on the Web to use an inexpensive 9-volt-powered amplifier from Radio Shack that connects to my IPod and an old horn speaker ... I downloaded free files for wild pigs, coyotes and other predators. I use an audio file (locator) of a fire truck siren that makes every canine in the county howl.

Comment

Called my nephew and got the details. He is using the iHunt app on his iPhone. He got a Pyle cone speaker off eBay and connected it via a 16 foot fixed wire. Says that has been fine for him and is very loud. He is also using it for snow goose season this spring because of the great calls available there. I'm sure it will see lots of use as a crow call too. WestGaHunter's amplifier would make it wireless too (which I would like). I'm sure going to check these out. Sounds like is has lots of volume and great calls.

Comment

Sorry, the iHunt app is free but the full version, which my nephew is using is $3.99. He said that he used it in a area where he has called in a coyote or two with hand calls. He said he used a combination of the injured rabbit and coyote howls and got howling responses from two packs of coyotes that came in at the same time. Unfortunately it got dark for him very quickly on that call so he couldnt shoot but he said there were coyotes running all around him.

Comment

Check out the ICoTec predator calls the model GC300 is an excellent low cost caller. Cost is around $80 plus shipping. Remote gives you around 200 yards depending on terrain. And remember always use good quality lithium batteries so the cold weather doesn't leave you with a dead call. I've used this call this year and it's good.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad