Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am planning to book a hog hunting trip at Cribs Creek Outfitter in Polktons, North Carolina in late May/early Jun. I never hu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am planning to book a hog hunting trip at Cribs Creek Outfitter in Polktons, North Carolina in late May/early Jun. I never hu

I am planning to book a hog hunting trip at Cribs Creek Outfitter in Polktons, North Carolina in late May/early Jun. I never hunted hog nor used this Outfitter before. I would appreciate if Any one has any experience/review/opinion on this ploace to share.

I would ask the outfitter what type of hunting it is. It could be pistol range with dogs, shotguns with slugs, or centerfire rifles. Then practice religiously before you go.

Comment

I hunt hogs on private land near the "lodge". The landowner says the guy is a fraud. He has NO land to hunt so he takes people who pay trespassing on others property. I would advise against spending money there.

Comment

A++ Cribs Creek is a great "fair Chase" Hunt outfitter. 5 of us drove all the way from Ontario Canada for 6 days(Mar25-31, 2013) at the lodge, we bagged 3 hogs. Food was great and Greg, Phil and Todd where very accommodating. Weather was not great for the first 3-3 days kept the wildlife hiding. It was FAIR CHASE HUNTING there are no guaranties in a hunt. We will be back next year. Feel free to ask Greg for my contact info for more feed back.
        Moser

Comment

agree the food is great and the owner is accomodating but thats not why we drove 15 hrs and took 6 days off work to eat good food. We went there with 2 other hunters, Oct 14 through 17th hunted 4 hrs each morning and 4 hrs each evening. I get it, no guarantees - but none of the three of us saw a single hog - at all. So thats 96 man hours and zero sightings. Maybe they need to re-evaluate their stand and blind placement or spend more time laying bait, who knows. We even paid $200 extra to do a night hunt with IR scopes - nothing. We ended up paying an extra $300 to be driven about 20 miles away to do a night hunt with dogs and we got a 200 lb Boar. They seemed genuinely upset at the lack of results and offered a free return visit, but that misses the point.

Comment

Trip started out $250. Ended up paying $450. They don't have the hogs they say they do & the stand placement is terrible. They are not baiting the hogs like they should . I asked the landowners son if they had any lucky this past week, he said yea we killed 2, one with dogs and one in South Carolina...we are not in South Carolina. Make a long story short I made 3 trips, 3 different hunts, for absolutely nothing! DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
              I would ask the outfitter what type of hunting it is. It could be pistol range with dogs, shotguns with slugs, or centerfire rifles. Then practice religiously before you go.
              Been ther 4 times good bunch of people they really want you to kill hogs first time all our group saw or killed

Comment

Originally posted by DSMbirddog View Post
                Been ther 4 times good bunch of people they really want you to kill hogs first time all our group saw or killed

Comment

Actually every time I hunted with them I saw hogs or killed I was ther in February killed 2 saw 60 in 3 days couple pics me and my buddy
                  Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad