Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do hogs live in alabama? ive heard there are tons down south. where else do they live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do hogs live in alabama? ive heard there are tons down south. where else do they live?

where do hogs live in alabama? ive heard there are tons down south. where else do they live?

As far as I know, all over the state, except maybe in downtown Birmingham. There is a Lord's plenty down in the SW part of the state where I roam. The Mobile delta is loaded and the Baldwin County farmers have lots of problems with them.

Comment

So. Okla, No. Tex has a very nice (?) population. A buddy had over 80 in one herd surround his blind during archery season! NO GUN!

Comment

call your local game and fish folks in my state they helped me locate several nice pigs.

Comment

USDA Wildlife Services has a distribution map based on where they have received reports. Here's a distribution map from 2007-2011. The range has expanded since then, but generally you'll find hogs along creeks and river bottom lands. The second link (the one that starts with numbers) is a little more up to date.

www.aphis.usda.gov/wildlife_damage/feral_swine/images/2011SwineCounties.JPG

128.192.20.53/nfsms/

As 357 mentioned, you can call your local wildlife agency to find out where pigs are a problem in your area. You can also contact USDA-APHIS Wildlife Services to find out that information as well. Since they tend to deal with pig problems all the time, they can steer you in the right direction.

Comment

From my past experience, (which is limited)Country Road has is pegged. Birmingham doesnt have much to offer, unless you want to head towards Mountain Brook and Vestavia and hang with the rich kids. Mobile and south did have a good population of hogs, and also over by Vance, towards tuscaloosa. Also i recall seeing some in Warrior. So i suppose that pretty well covers most of the state.

Comment

I hunt them in the Talledega National Forest and at the WMA's.
              Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad