Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Magazine Editor: As a regular reader I wish to inform you that I will never read your magazine again. The hit piece on Sara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Magazine Editor: As a regular reader I wish to inform you that I will never read your magazine again. The hit piece on Sara

Dear Magazine Editor: As a regular reader I wish to inform you that I will never read your magazine again. The hit piece on Sarah Palin was pathetic and absurd. Shame on you and the author. Why allow blatant nonsense without checking the facts? http://chuckheathjr.com/letter-to-the-editor-of-field-stream/

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flounce

Comment

what was your question?

Comment

357, flounce doesn't apply in this case since Mr. Arpey never was a member of our internet community anyway. Check his history. Thanks for enlightening me, though. Still learning the lingo.

Comment

true true you're right OH.

Comment

Great word! I'm still a fan!

I saw this when it aired. It brought back a few memories of me on first hunting trips with sisters and neices and few nephews. Although they were enthusiastic, they were far from seasoned hunters. They usually succeeded in spite of the mess ups and without exception, they all became very excited about their new sport.

Although I also have learned to mistrust politicians too, this actually looked pretty real to me. First off, they weren't counting points for a new world record. They were just trying to get some meat for their family. They could have eliminated the screwups in the editing room but instead showed the hunt like it occurred.

It would be nice to say that scope problems never occur but in fact they are a pretty common part of every day hunting, espeicially when you are away from home for several days of stomping. I've seen cases where hunters who should know better go out deer hunting year after year with the same miss-aligned scope. I don't know why, but I think it is because subconsciously they know that if they fill their tag on the first shot, they have to quit hunting. I have also discovered that all hunters are not as experiened as DEP, especially newbies.

Comment

DakotaMan when I first veiwed this I thought wow this looks real bad for our sport, how could they let this be seen the anti's are going to have field day! I read your response and I think you have a good point. I am becoming to PC thanks for the insight.who without bungles cast the first stone.

Comment

Once again the circle jerk continues amongst the hunting community! Can everyone just give this whole charade up? We are all hunters and fisherman/women and the demeaning of anyone in our public/private circle is pointless and gives those that oppose our lives and traditions more ammunition to use against us. Quit the "Holier than Thou" nitpicking and back everyone in our community otherwise those that oppose us win. To many of you jackwads can't see the forest for the trees and will readily throw whomever under the bus because they think that person demeans our community. The sad news is no matter what we demean the antigunners/hunters will never like us and portray us in a negative light. So give up your righteous indignation!

Comment

Its the type of idiotic stuff I see posted on here that draws the negative light. It's Neanderthal central except the club is an AR. Cold dead brains...

Comment

Hey, my first deer hunting trip with my dad was not very glamorous. Actually downright humiliating and here I am admitting it. And those first screw-ups weren't the last in the woods either. I admit my boffs and gaffs mostly because I don't want either myself or anyone else to make the same mistake. That's the big difference here. Like I said, why didn't they just come out and say buck fever was running rampant? Hey, it happens. Even, it appears, to "seasoned hunters." Instead there's all these excuses and vicious vitriolic against anyone who would make observations about what was obvious on the video. Remember Gerald Ford. What a klutz. I think if someone simply thought the word stumble, he'd fall down. But hey, he worked with it. HE WAS A FORMER UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN FOOTBALL STANDOUT but had no problem joking about seeming lack of coordination. But when was the last time you saw a star linebacker who was a klutz? He never got indignant because he was smart enough to know that would work against him (he was also genuinely just a nice guy anyway). His wife was an alcoholic. They made that imperfection work for them too BECAUSE THEY ACKNOWLEDGED IT and did something about it. That's the grown up thing to do. Sorry, but I just didn't see that here.

Comment

Assuming everyone here supports the second ammendment and our right to hunt with what ever fire arm we chose; Dcast is right. The Liberals and the conservatives here have to quit bashing each other.

Comment

Palin is a maroon

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad