Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best sabot round to put through a break action muzzleloader for deer? any information on powder loads would be good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best sabot round to put through a break action muzzleloader for deer? any information on powder loads would be good

what is the best sabot round to put through a break action muzzleloader for deer? any information on powder loads would be good as well.

In my New England Firearms (NEF) .50cal break action i use 295gr Powerbelt copper with aerotips. Two 50gr pellets of Triple Seven powder and a Triple Seven Cap. Shoots great and has excellent accuracy and knock down.
    I also shoot the 338gr Platinum but really do not need it for white tails.

Comment

I use a 250 gr Shockwave with 100 gr of Pyrodex.

Comment

I also use the Powerbelt and two 50 gr pellets of Triple Seven.

Comment

I have a CVA Optima and I shoot Hornady 250 grain SST-ML-Low Drag Sabots flex tip bullets with 2 50 grain Triple Seven pellets. I use Winchester 209 primers. I used to shoot 295 grain Power Belt hollowpoints but I like the Hornady SST's better.

Comment

I like the 300gr Barnes MZ Expander in a MMP HP24 sabot. I use 95gr of Blackhorn 209 and Remington STS 209 primers.
            My advice is to try a bunch of different combos from this list. Muzzleloaders can be picky about loads and what works for one may not work for another. The one that does best in your gun is the best one for you. Good luck out there!

Comment

I use Hornady 250 gr. SST-ML-Low Drag Sabots with 3 pellets of Hodgdon triple 7.This easy set up shoots flat accurate and deadly. It is also true many guns shoot differently,try different loads and find the one that works for you.

Comment

I use Hornady 300 gr FPB's with 100 grs of Triple Seven. A friend Chad Cleland who shot for TC uses the 250 gr Shockwaves. He has set many national records though I sent they were set with a standard round ball. I can reload 7 shots a minute in my Electra with the FBP's no sabot required. onl thing I have against the powerbelts is the plastic base. FBP's are soft copper jacketed.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad