No announcement yet.

Tell me your funniest hunting stories.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me your funniest hunting stories.

Tell me your funniest hunting stories.

I've got a step-brother(Kevin) and he has a half-brother(Bradley).Well one day Brad decides he wants to start hunting with us,so we take him out and spoted him a shot gun to use.
    Well we start a drive through a "pine thicket" when about half way through we hear Brad yell "OH &%$# !!!, BOOM. I start yelling to him "Did you shoot?", "Yea", "Did ya hit em'?" "I don't know".
    So I make my way over to him in this fire road at the end of the thicket and there is Brad, jumping up and down, running back and forth. I said to him "Did you hit em'?", "I don't know", "What happened?" "Well I (Brad) was sitting there and I just looked up and there was a deer standing in the road so I shot". 'Was it a buck or a doe?", "I don't know", "Did it have horns?", "NO", "O.K., you've shot a doe, so where was she standing?", "I don't know". This goes on till the rest of the group shows up, and we start looking for the deer/blood/something. Step-dad finds blood and said "Was she standing here when you shot?" "I don't know"(still jumping around). This goes on for about TWO HOURS !! Looking/asking questions, etc.
    Finaly Brad says(calm and cool)" She's lieing right there"(points to spot 10ft. from blood on road in briar thicket). "Why did'nt you tell us where she was?(step-dad), you knew we were looking" "You did'nt ask me that, all you asked was what kind of deer?,where were you?,where was she?, did she run off?,Not do you see her.

Comment

Just posted turkey story couple pages back.

Comment

My brother-in-law and I hunt the same club and his youngest son has been tagging along for the past six years since he was nine. Last year my brother-in-law wasn't able to go as much so I was taking him by myself. On 11/16, by brother-in-law's and oldest nephew's birthday I took Logan, my youngest nephew with me and walked him to the spot he was going to hunt. Then headed to my spot. I got to my tree, hooked my climber up, climbed the tree, turned around and not 30 seconds after my butt hit the seat I think I hear a shot. I sat there for a minute and decided to text Logan. "Did you shoot?", Logan-"Yes, got one", Me-"Ok, I'll head your way". Shortest hunt of my life but so far probably the most enjoyable. That kid was so happy and so was I. First thing I had him do was call his Dad to tell him happy birthday at 7:15 am then tell him he just shot his first deer. Nice doe, weighed about 80-90lbs.

Comment

I was turkey hunting with my father-in-law one year. We parked my Bronco got out loaded up our gear and guns then headed in opposite directions. I wasn't 40 yards from the truck when I heard him shoot. I went back to see what was going on. When I got back to the truck I saw him walking back toward the truck with a turkey over his shoulder. A 22lb tome with 1" spurs and a 10" beard came running out right in front of him as he was walking away from the truck. This would have been the shortest hunt of my life. Above would have been the shortest deer hunt.

Comment

I don;t have any. But go under campfire and I posted a whole bunch of funny hunting and fishing jokes sure to make you day.

Comment

It did not happen to me and I was not there, but the neighbors told me a few years ago that they got a "new" hunter to shoot at a buck mount that he thought was a real deer....sounded hilarious, althought the guy was slightly ticked off.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad