Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey all, I am heading out tomarrow to go hunt hogs and coyotes in the texas hill country, I was wondering if anyone here knows h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all, I am heading out tomarrow to go hunt hogs and coyotes in the texas hill country, I was wondering if anyone here knows h

Hey all, I am heading out tomarrow to go hunt hogs and coyotes in the texas hill country, I was wondering if anyone here knows how to make a batch of sour corn that ferments more quickly than just adding water? I'll Let you know how things turn out.

That is generally the fastest way. I do not think you will need it soured though. Probably will not need it at all. With all of the rain lately just find the wallows or corn the roads.

Comment

I don't think you'll need the bait either. Still hunting in the spring is very productive, keep the wind in you face...

Comment

Use corn and a little diesel. To lure them in here is the trick. Go to the grocery store and pick up some black cherry cool aid. I promise it works every time.

Comment

Forgot to say. Check out my pics for proof.

Comment

Add sugar and water. Set out in the sun and your good in a few days. Half a pound per 5 gal works good. Some of you beer makers should chime in. Will yeast work too or will that just blow them out of the bucket?

Comment

If you want to sour the corn, add some milk, that will sour it real fast. I have also heard to put some used motor oil on some spare rug or sponge and put it on a tree and that gets the pigs going and really acts as an attractant. Good luck hunting!

Comment

Agreed with FloridaHunter1226 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad