Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is your dream hunt? I'm bored at work day dreaming about black bears this fall, massive bucks (or any buck for that matter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your dream hunt? I'm bored at work day dreaming about black bears this fall, massive bucks (or any buck for that matter)

what is your dream hunt? I'm bored at work day dreaming about black bears this fall, massive bucks (or any buck for that matter), an oryx down south, an Idaho wolf hunt in the next 5 years, and Africa plains animals within 10 years.

I'd like to take a hunting trip via horseback somewhere in Big Sky country. I'd like it to be for elk with my bow, maybe sometime down the road.

Comment

New Zealand Red Stag. Maybe a Desert Sheep in the southwest. Both are well out of my price range, hence the dream.

Comment

An Alaskan safari like the old movie of days gone by.

Comment

I'd like to to a combination hunt in Alaska or Canada for Caribou, bear, and a sheep, and perhaps a mule deer over the spand of...however long it takes

Comment

i'm with jay. red stag in new zealand

Comment

Prairie dog in Montana. I always had a hankering to blast pasture poodles.

Comment

Jay took mine, a New Zealand Red Stag is my Number one all time most wanted dream hunt of a lifetime. I almost got to do it last fall, but had to cancel last minute, now it will be a while before I get to try again. I would also like to get a large bear in Canada, or on the Kodiak Islands. A hunt to get an Elephant in Africa has also always had me dreaming as well.
                jd- Horseback trips in the great state are fantastic, I hope you get to experience it one day.
                squirrel girl- The dog hunting here is phenomenal, I do enjoy splattering a few dogs. My summer break is fast approaching and first week out I will be hunting the buggers as much as possible.

Comment

Tneal1987---I'm so jealous! I often fantasize about parking my truck in a big pasture with a lazy boy and a cooler in the bed under an easy-up and spending a leisurely summer day shortening the life expectancy of the common prairie dog. Cheers to you!

Comment

Anything in Africa. I have kids on college keeping me broke.

Comment

As you can see, I have lived a few dreams already. Best one lasted 23 years. Ended in a real nightmare. Fly fishing and bird hunting is all I want from here on out. A sheep hunt was always on my old bucket list but I'd have to leave the dogs behind and they're all I have left. I can take them fishing and bird hunting without them ... well, just as well leave the gun home. Wouldn't mind taking a turkey but I think maybe I'll save that till I'm real old, can't walk anymore, and the dogs are gone.

Comment

I wish to be 30 years younger and relive the Moose Hunts in Canada, with a Bear Hunt this Time!

Comment

squirrelgirl,
                          I have hunted elk, killed 30" mule deer, killed bunches of whitetails, hunted blackbears in several states and Canada etc. and the most fun that I have ever had hunting was 2 years ago when my son-in-law and I spent 6 days in Wyoming and Montana pararie dog hunting. I set up my shooting bench in the back of my pickup with my umbrella over me with my cooler of water and 3 guns and shot until I got tired of shooting. Every pararie dog that I could see dead on top of the ground I put my empty case in a container. I didn't count the ones that dropped dead down in the hole. In 6 days of hunting I killed 563 of the little critters. I shot with my .17 HMR, .223, and my .22-250. Most of the ones that I killed were with my .17 HMR. It was fun walking the bullets into them. It may take 6 shots to walk one into a dog but sooner or later I would get them. Where I was shooting you could shoot from 50 yards to infinity. I plan to go back again and take my grandson.

Comment

Sarge,
                            Montana legend has it it only took you 565 rounds to accomplish your feat. Kindest Regards

Comment

OH you could still get that turkey I bet!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad