Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey ishawooa I am thinking of going to Pinedale this year to shoot my first speed goat do you have any advice on where to go? Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Hollywood s Taxidermy
    replied
    I guided out there this past season. If you go north on 189, towards Jaskon, you'll come to hwy 354 on left at Daniel Juntion. Take left there, go about 3 miles and you'll come up to the entrance to a strip of public land, on the right that will take you way back into the middle of alot of private land. If you pick up a map of public lands of the area from the BLM office in Pinedale, you'll see what and where I am speaking of. Area 89 I beleive. I spotted several goats that would score really high B&C. You can also check with the Pape ranch owners off of 191 on the left. They may give you permission to hunt their land across the road. Big goats over there as well. Good luck! If I can help, let me know, [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    Personally I have never drawn any of the areas around Pinedale for goats. Several of my friends have hunted area 87 and went northwest of Pinedale along the Green River. The three guys hunted on three different years but all said the same thing. There is quite a bit of pirvate land and lots of public. The antelopes they saw were all up high, as much as 8-9,000 feet, but there were some big guys. Two of them shot 16+ inch bucks with one settling for a 15.5 incher. One fellow was moose hunting there and said that he even encountered the goats in the timber which strikes me as odd but I have see that happen once on the Greybull River. If I learn more I will relay it to you. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Hey ishawooa I am thinking of going to Pinedale this year to shoot my first speed goat do you have any advice on where to go? Do

Hey ishawooa I am thinking of going to Pinedale this year to shoot my first speed goat do you have any advice on where to go? Do you know the area. Any help is appreciated.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad