Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am wanting to build a portable hog trap. Only one small problem. I may not have accessibility to a welder. Just a push through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Get some zip ties!

Leave a comment:

• harrynieto
    replied
    If anyone is still looking for solutions I made an entire hog trap without the use of a welder. Here is my step by step: Hope it helps http://ihuntintexas.com/wp/2011/03/06/the-no-weld-hog-trap/

Leave a comment:

• lray
    replied
    texasmcintyre can you give a little more details on how you build your door so more than 1 hog can be caught in the trap??

Leave a comment:

• joe123456
    replied
    use a really strong rope to lash the panels together.

Leave a comment:

• texasmcintyre
    replied
    This is easy. If you don’t want to make it portable get some cattle panel and fence post. Make a heart with the cattle panels and fence post using bailing wire. This will act as a funnel so know the pigs can get in and will not be able to get out. If you would like look at my profile on Monday and I will have a picture of mine up.

Leave a comment:

• ken.mcloud
    replied
    in general, when doing metal-fab:

When in doubt, try plumbing parts!

Leave a comment:

• Greenhead
    replied
    Bailing wire?

Wooden frame with fencing staples to hold the panels?

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    Perhaps some zip ties and maybe some hog rings... you can get both at Home Depot or your local hardware store. You might want to be trapping some small hogs if you can not weld it though.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Smith
    replied
    Could you mount the door with heavy keychain rings and maybe mount something on the back of the door so that when it closes it cannot be pushed open from the inside? Or maybe when it closes it somehow latches shut?

Leave a comment:

• I am wanting to build a portable hog trap. Only one small problem. I may not have accessibility to a welder. Just a push through

I am wanting to build a portable hog trap. Only one small problem. I may not have accessibility to a welder. Just a push through door will work. But I am not sure how to connect the hog panel's with out a welder...? Any ingenious ideas on how to get around this hurdle?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad