Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does elk lose their horns?

When does elk lose their horns?

In northern Wyoming maybe as early as February on through the spring months. The hills are full of hornhunters at this time. A friend found a 300 class matched 6 x 6 week three weeks ago. He walked right by one in the snow but his dog stopped and sniffed it. Looking a few more steps he found the match. Fairly heavy and aukward load to out on your pack frame.

Comment

I'm sorry guys this is not a related response, but why the Celtics icon? Do you think they really have a chance against LeBron loving David Stern? As a die-hard Pistons fan, I've seen what happens when Stern picks his Golden Boy to win (Example Miami and Wade & Last Year Garnett and Celtics). Last year they hyped up the Celtics before the season even started. Again I apologize for this response... I hate the NBA!

Comment

the celtics rock thats why i picked the icon

Comment

Last time I checked, Elk didn't have horns....?

Comment

Probably Feb to Mar

Comment

Elk lose their ANTLERS in late winter and spring which is the best time to shed hunt if you can.

Comment

February to Spring!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad