Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was up in New York on leave and heard about wild hogs in central New York. My uncle told me they have wild hogs now and the D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was up in New York on leave and heard about wild hogs in central New York. My uncle told me they have wild hogs now and the D

I was up in New York on leave and heard about wild hogs in central New York. My uncle told me they have wild hogs now and the DEC encouraged hunting them. He said there are no bag limits or seasons. Anyone else heard about these wild hogs this far north?

Yes they're primarily escapees from pay to hunt fenced properties. They exist in many if not most states in small pockets. I know i've read PA, NJ, NY and OH all have some. They are prolific breeders though and can quickly turn into problem populations. Shoot'm if you can find'm. Have a pig roast

Comment

There is a breeding populations of wild hogs in Cortland/Tompkins county area but I haven't heard anything about hunting them. I would contact the DEC region 7 office.

Comment

There arent a whole lot of them but there is some and it is true that if you see one you should try to kill it because they can destroy forest land. They are considered pesks.

Comment

wild hogs have been reported to be in southern Wisconsin and your told to shoot them on the spot.

Comment

Shoot them on the spot!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad