Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just watched Jared Allen (DE from the Vikings) kill a bull elk with a spear, on TV. What are your thoughts on spear hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Not my cup of tea. But, if it is legal and he wasn't in a holding pen more power to him.

Leave a comment:

• teufelhunden
    replied
    I do not know if the ranch was penned or not. He was in a tree stand when he killed the elk. He did, however, kill a buffalo with a spear from the ground.

Both kills looked as clean as any bowkill I have made or seen.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    I do not have a problem with it as long as it is a clean kill and legal. Something I do not think I would have the heart to do. My hat goes off to those who do hunt like that. If that is not under the deffinition of a man, I don't know what is.

Leave a comment:

• Kkeltic
    replied
    I think it would take a lot of guts to try and kill an elk with a spear. What if you missed or just wounded it? Someone was probably standing by to shoot it if it charged, but it's still pretty wild.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    If it's legal, was he in a penned ranch?

Leave a comment:

• rrmont
    replied
    I don't have a problem with it, as long as it's a clean kill. Of course I don't want to give it a try anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• BuckTheSystem
    replied
    I saw Tred Bart kill a hog with a knife. I wouldn't personally recommend it, but I don't have a problem with it.

Leave a comment:

• I just watched Jared Allen (DE from the Vikings) kill a bull elk with a spear, on TV. What are your thoughts on spear hunting?

I just watched Jared Allen (DE from the Vikings) kill a bull elk with a spear, on TV. What are your thoughts on spear hunting?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to New 4 X 16 - 44mm
    by Danbo
    I did not realize the terrifying news of the Alien and Bigfoot connection.

Today, 08:09 PM
  • New 4 X 16 - 44mm
    by jhjimbo
    Just got my new scope from Acme Machine. the scope (China) is private labeled for Acme. First focal plan, red/green illuminated, Limited lifetime warranty....
    Yesterday, 04:28 PM
    by Danbo
    Is this the rock throwing incident that Jim was talking about?...
    Today, 08:02 PM
    by Danbo
    Do you have a link to a article or news report on this event?

I WANT TO BELIEVE...
    Today, 07:51 PM
  • Reply to Lutino Cockatiels
    by fitch270
    Oh, talking birds, not tequila. I clicked on this thinking it was Latino Cocktails.

Well not really.

My cousin...
    Today, 07:14 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X